Logitech G27 support

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Re: Logitech G27 support

Postby isamu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Support J2K wrote:
<snip>

Thanks for your suggestions. Have no doubt that I'm going to consider it. I just have couple projects to finish before. Like the authentication/headset module, the FFB for DirectInput on MaxAim and the Shadow of Mordor issue on PS4. Going forward with a real steering wheel support, I believe the best approach is to have a dedicated plugin for it.

Sounds exciting my friend! Take your time. No rush.

If you can eventually figure out a way implement the ideas I outlined in scenario #1(protocols on PC/Titan One as pass-thru) then that would be wonderful!

I am not in a position to buy my so called "dream wheel" for PC at the moment, so buying the Titan One would be of no use to me right now. But rest assured, I WILL be buying it as soon as I get that wheel! I am saving up and hope to buy Berny's Accuforce Wheel(which will be released at the end of this year), hopefully sometime next spring or summer, as well as Niel's pedals. Both of these pieces of hardware are extremely expensive, but I've always been one to prefer using high-end equipment like this.

I had an ECCI 7000 FFB wheel that was also a PC only wheel, but had to sell it last year. Yes, I know I'm an oddball, but there's something about the idea of using these crazy high-end industrial grade wheels and pedals on console arcade racers that gets me excited. Maybe it's because the arcade is where such hardware peripherals were originally born. The Japanese developers at Sega were very forward thinking and way ahead of their time. Deluxe cabinets such as Daytona USA and even OutRun from 1985 had these type of incredibly strong and durable wheels and pedals controls, and that was 20-30 years ago.

I grew up in the arcades and was heavily into the scene during that time. When I first saw Daytona USA in the arcades, it wasn't just the graphics that blew me away, it was also the type of steering wheel and pedal controls that had my jaw on the floor. That type of force feedback is something I had never felt before from a wheel, and ever since then, I've always wanted to bring that type of arcade experience home, by owning such industrial grade wheels and pedals.

Anyway I'm rambling again. :lipssealed: Keep up the good work and certainly keep us posted on progress on the Titan One. I've no doubt you will succeed in getting true force feedback fully supported in the not so distant future :smile0203: :joia:
isamu
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby OnlookerDelay » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:18 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Going forward with a real steering wheel support, I believe the best approach is to have a dedicated plugin for it.

Just getting caught up on the developments regarding real steering wheel support over the last few months here, and I discovered the above in this thread. Is it truly conceivable that full force-feedback steering wheel support for next-gen consoles could be achieved with the current hardware and a dedicated Plugin? That would be an achievement of EPIC proportions and would certainly sell oodles of Titan Ones :shocked:

I'm really tired of sitting on the sidelines (or in this case the pits) and watching the action, but my alternative is to fork out $300 for a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458, which has great force feedback, but a 50/50 chance the hardware's going to hold up for more than a couple of weeks and way too much plastic in the wheel's construction, or a Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback Wheel, which allegedly performs admirably and is more reliable, but sounds like a popcorn machine in action. I already have a better wheel than either of these in the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2, but as long as the XB1 thinks it's a gamepad, it's going to treat it like one....
OnlookerDelay
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby isamu » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:27 am

OnlookerDelay wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:Going forward with a real steering wheel support, I believe the best approach is to have a dedicated plugin for it.

Just getting caught up on the developments regarding real steering wheel support over the last few months here, and I discovered the above in this thread. Is it truly conceivable that full force-feedback steering wheel support for next-gen consoles could be achieved with the current hardware and a dedicated Plugin? That would be an achievement of EPIC proportions and would certainly sell oodles of Titan Ones :shocked:

I'm really tired of sitting on the sidelines (or in this case the pits) and watching the action, but my alternative is to fork out $300 for a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458, which has great force feedback, but a 50/50 chance the hardware's going to hold up for more than a couple of weeks and way too much plastic in the wheel's construction, or a Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback Wheel, which allegedly performs admirably and is more reliable, but sounds like a popcorn machine in action. I already have a better wheel than either of these in the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2, but as long as the XB1 thinks it's a gamepad, it's going to treat it like one....

Hi OnLookerDelay...good post. Indeed it will a glorious day once Jefferson announces his breakthrough solution to getting true proper force feedback working so that the Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox 1 and PS4 see our wheels as TRUE actual steering wheels.

I see you have a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2. Not a bad wheel, but if you really want to step up your game and experience what the latest force feedback technology has to offer, I suggest considering the Accuforce Wheel from SimExperience coming out at the end of this year:

This is going to be the wheel that redefines FFB wheels as we know it.Much stronger ffb than any of the Fanatec wheels, much more refined effects and even the ability to custom tweak your FFB wheel effects. Infinite rotation and over 20Nm of torque. The guys at iRacing are all salivating over this wheel and for good reason. No wheel in existence will compare.

The thought of playing all my old PS3 racing games like Ridge Racer 7, Daytona USA and Gran Turismo 5 with this wheel has me ready to blow my load!!! Sometimes I wake up in cold sweats in the middle of the night just dreaming of using this wheel on my PS3.

Ridge Racer 7 is my favorite PS3 game of all time, and harkens back to the days of when the Ridge Racer games were available only on the arcade, where you HAD to play using a steering wheel and pedals. The day I can replicate that feeling using the Accuforce FFB wheel on PS3 via the TitanOne and Jefferson's amazing work, is the day of reckoning. It will be like the second coming! :smile0203: :joia:
isamu
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby OnlookerDelay » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:15 am

Nice piece of gear, but it's way too rich for my blood... $1,500 for the base model :shocked: I love the way my Fanatec GT2 feels on Forza 4 on the XBox 360 and Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3. If I can have that same experience on the XB1, with Forza 5, and hopefully later, Project CARS, I'll be delighted :a1chill_angry1:
OnlookerDelay
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby RS_1 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi there,

I am considering the Titan One device as I've just ordered the G27 wheel (awaiting delivery). I'm very interested in having it work with a PS4.

Will the Titan one support the G27? I can see that the last update was in August, and I wondered whether there was any more news? :innocent_smile_1:

On a separate note, as can be gathered from my opening sentence, I am awaiting delivery of a G27. Would it have been better for me to purchase a different wheel for PS4 and PC support? I can see that there are a few enthusiasts here!

Cheers
RS
RS_1
Private
Private

Postby isamu » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Can't speak for PS4 but for PC, depends on your budget because the sky's the limit. For example, this is what I consider the very best steering wheel in existence at the moment:

http://www.simsteering.com/products.html

The thought if using a wheel like that on PS3 with *TRUE* force feedback(not just rumble) via TitanOne is just.....*gasp*..........
isamu
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby kreach » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:41 am

Hello'
I'm new and gonna buy a titan one soon. I just wanna know if you think the development of true FFB is coming soon or still possible?
kreach
Private
Private

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:38 am

due the complexity the true FFB is something that we are aiming for the future. Our first goal is "simulate" the FFB using the regular rumble data from the console.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby iforyou » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:02 pm

I just received my Titan One yesterday. I tried it on my Xbox One with G27 wheel and Forza Horizon 2 and it's working well (obviously no FFB support yet).

My question is, will I always need to have the computer for this setup? The current instructions is:

1.) plug in Titan One to XBox One
2.) plug in Xbox One controller to Titan One
3.) plug in program cable between Titan One and PC
4.) Plug G27 to PC.
5.) open GTuner and MaxAim DI

After performing the above, and setting up all the buttons, do I still need the PC and GTuner open on my computer in order for the G27 to work? Or after setting everything up, in the future, I would not need to involve the PC? Please advise. Thanks!
iforyou
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:33 am

Yes, the computer is always needed. The Titan One does not have implemented steering wheel USB protocols, so it needs a computer to translate the protocol to something it can understands.

We do have a standalone version of MaxAim, that runs without Gtuner. Please let me know you have interest in try.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support