360 Gamepad to PS4

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

360 Gamepad to PS4

Postby TeNMaN » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi all!

I'm new here and just received my Titan One. So far, I'm really impressed with the product. It works extremely well with no input lag (so far at least!). It is a little bit of a pain remapping the buttons from controller to controller, but can't complain too much as it wasn't a huge time investment.

I did stumble across one mapping issue. I noticed that on the device input the lZ minus and plus ratio controls both the left (minus lZ) and right (plus lZ) triggers for the 360 gamepad. The problem that this creates is for aiming down sights. When I go to hold down the left trigger to scope in and then press the right trigger to fire - it basically cancels out the scope instead of firing.

I'm sure there is a way to properly map this and I am screwing up. Any suggestions as to how to properly map the left and right trigger buttons on the 360 gamepad so that I can fire down the sights properly? I appreciate the help in advance!

Thanks!
TeNMaN
TeNMaN
Corporal
Corporal

Re: 360 Gamepad to PS4

Postby TeNMaN » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:37 am

Well, I found this topic and apparently this is a known issue.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=191&p=1046&hilit=360+to+PS4#p1046

The device was working flawlessly except for the trigger remapping, so it is pretty disappointing. J2K, I believe you said you were working on an update for this to use something other than direct input (read it in another thread about this issue). Is there any status update on that and is it still in the works? Otherwise, I will probably be selling the Titan One to a friend who needs it and will be able to use it.

To make things worse, I tried downloading the new drivers suggested in the linked thread. It appeared to fix the button mapping and I was getting excited... except, it totally disabled the direct input and I couldn't use it at all and couldn't figure how to make it work. I have reinstalled the regular 360 drivers, but nothing works now. I'm still trying to figure out how to get things working like they were before. To say the least, I'm pretty aggravated right now.
TeNMaN
Corporal
Corporal

Postby TeNMaN » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 am

Ok, last update (for now lol)! Perseverance and patience will sometimes rule the day... at least taking a break and trying again later with a fresh mind usually helps. I can confirm that the XBCD x360ce emulator for Xinput will fix the trigger mapping issue on Xbox controllers. I'd like to strangle Microsoft for direct input regardless.

Basically, I did a fresh install on everything and mapped the L and R triggers to buttons 11 and 12 using one of the emulator presets recommended on the topic page (the 2nd one). The preset still had it mapped to the Axis setting, and I just manually remapped it. I thought I did the same earlier, but apparently not. I also was having trouble with logging into my PS4. Just turning it on isn't enough - make sure you log in with your user ID to go into the system menu to get full functionality with the cross over controller you are using.

Please consider making that update to Xinput to get rid of this work around. It would be much appreciated in the future if possible!
TeNMaN
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Welcome to our forum. I'm glad your first impressions with Titan One were good! :smile0517:

Tomorrow (Aug 25) I'll be releasing a new version of Gtuner Pro, MaxAim DI and device firmware. This updates will be more focused on Gtuner. I'm sure the new features will please the Titan One owners!! :joia:

The xinput for MaxAim still a working in progress and it will be my next task after tomorrow. The protocol updates on Gtuner were essential to build the infrastructure need by the xinput. If everything goes well I'll probably be releasing the MaxAim with xinput on the beginning of September.

Thanks,
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby VEXRobotics » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Support J2K wrote:Welcome to our forum. I'm glad your first impressions with Titan One were good! :smile0517:

Tomorrow (Aug 25) I'll be releasing a new version of Gtuner Pro, MaxAim DI and device firmware. This updates will be more focused on Gtuner. I'm sure the new features will please the Titan One owners!! :joia:

The xinput for MaxAim still a working in progress and it will be my next task after tomorrow. The protocol updates on Gtuner were essential to build the infrastructure need by the xinput. If everything goes well I'll probably be releasing the MaxAim with xinput on the beginning of September.

Thanks,

Such a tease :p
VEXRobotics
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby TeNMaN » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Support J2K wrote:Welcome to our forum. I'm glad your first impressions with Titan One were good! :smile0517:

Thanks,

Awesome, thanks for the strong support of your product. I definitely look forward to the updates that are down the road!
TeNMaN
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support