MaxAimDI request.

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

MaxAimDI request.

Postby tOwely » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Is it possible to have a box to choose if you want to use Raw input or Direct input for a mouse, in MaxaimDI?
Since that would help you pass all the things windows can F-up along the way, sort of speaking.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: MaxAimDI request.

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:39 am

Going check that. Thanks for suggesting.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: MaxAimDI request.

Postby tOwely » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Support J2K wrote:Going check that. Thanks for suggesting.

***EDITED***

That way no one would need to bother with mouse acceleration and things like that.
Microsoft have released an article about it. I have no coding experience, but maybe its to some help?!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee418864(v=vs.85).aspx
When i read about it, it seems that something called "WM_INPUT" would be the preferred "input" for sure. (I think that is what people call Raw input, but i may be wrong.)

I've read online since I've had problems with negative mouse acceleration that this apparently a common issue for high DPI mice.
Cos windows have to center the mouse all the time it moves outside the screen, and that causes a negative mouse acceleration when moving the mice a little bit to fast.

The draw back is apparently that for games, games have to write their own "code" for a cursor for use in menus and such.
And that can be hard. That is probably why the mouse cursor can be so sluggish in game menus on PC some times, and really strange.
But this is a none issue for consoles, since you don't have a mouse cursor anyway.

But like i said, i have no coding experience, so i may be understanding it wrong.

How ever WM_INPUT / RAW INPUT, would for sure be nice.

Putting that function in MaxAimDI, would make it the preferred plugin over MaxAim for sure.
Since now there is no difference for M&K users using MaxAimDI, over MaxAim
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support