MaxAim DI typing issue with PS4

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

MaxAim DI typing issue with PS4

Postby JarthMader » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm currently using MaxAim DI to play Bloodborne with a XB1 controller through my PC. I have a GPC script which adds some extra functionality, but even with the script unloaded I'm still experiencing the same problem.

My problem is that when I have to type something into the PS4 (password for coop in BB, a message to a friend, etc) the console thinks R3 is being pressed, thereby trying to use the gyro to move a cursor around to select text. If I try to use the D-pad, the gyro selector forces the highlighted letter back to g (the center of the text selection box). Pressing R3 doesn't turn this off and if I close MaxAim DI and use the PS4 controller connected to the TitanOne for authentication it works fine. If I unplug the PS4 controller and plug the XB1 controller directly into the TitanOne it works fine (but the controller stops functioning after a while as the controller no longer has authentication). The device monitor doesn't show R3 being pressed at all on either the real PS4 controller or the MaxAim DI emulated PS4 controller.

According to the help window, Gtuner is version 3.50, my TitanOne FW is version 2.40, and my MaxAim DI plugin is version 4.25 and all versions are reported as up-to-date.

I have also tried loading this script into slot 1 with the XB1 controller connected directly to the TitanOne but the controller doesn't function at all when slot 1 is selected:

Code: Select all
unmap PS4_ACCX;
unmap PS4_ACCY;
unmap PS4_ACCZ;
unmap PS4_TOUCH;

main {
    if(ps4_authtimeout() <= 5) { output_reconnection(); }
}
JarthMader
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: MaxAim DI typing issue with PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi, this is a know issue. In the latest firmware update we did significant changes on the code that handles the touchpad data. Now the Titan One computes all the control data related to the touchpad report internally. This now allow scripts to fully simulate touchpad events.

However, this changes broke the touchpad compatibility with MaxAim DI. An update on MaxAim DI will be required to fix that and I should be working on it asap.

As side note, to anyone else reading this topic. There is no issue with the PS4 message using the Xbox One controller (or any other) directly on Titan One, just when using thru MaxAim DI.

Thank you Jarth for the detailed report.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby JarthMader » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. In the meantime, is there a way I can use the TitanOne with just the XB1 controller to avoid this issue? According to the documentation, I believe I have used the ps4_authtimeout() and output_reconnection() functions properly but as I said, when only the XB1 controller is connected and the above script is loaded in slot 1, the controller doesn't function at all. The other parts of the script were what was generated when I used MaxRemapper to generate a GPC script of the controller mapping I have set up in MaxAim DI. There are some other things I have in my main Bloodborne script but I would like to get this basic script working first before adding the other functions to it.

Edit: I have gotten it to work with the script above by restarting Gtuner and ended up changing to the manual reconnecting version from the documentation:

int last_ps4_auth_timeout;

main {
    // Rumble the controller if the PS4 auth timeout gets below 5.
    if(ps4_authtimeout() < 5) {
        if(last_ps4_auth_timeout != ps4_authtimeout()) {
            last_ps4_auth_timeout = ps4_authtimeout();
            combo_restart(AuthRumbleFeedback);
        }
    }
    // Press OPTIONS + PS to force reconnection and reset auth timeout.
    if(get_val(PS4_OPTIONS) && event_press(PS4_PS)) {
        output_reconnection();
    }
}

combo AuthRumbleFeedback {
    set_rumble(RUMBLE_A, 100);
    set_rumble(RUMBLE_B, 100);
    wait(200);
    reset_rumble();
}

However, the rumble doesn't happen. I tried changing it to

main {
    // Rumble the controller if the PS4 auth timeout gets below 5.
    if(ps4_authtimeout() < 5) {
        set_rumble(RUMBLE_A,100);
        set_rumble(RUMBLE_B,100);
        }
    }
    // Press OPTIONS + PS to force reconnection and reset auth timeout.
    if(get_val(PS4_OPTIONS) && event_press(PS4_PS)) {
        output_reconnection();
        set_rumble(RUMBLE_A,0);
        set_rumble(RUMBLE_B,0);
    }
}

but it rumbles constantly, even immediately after reauthorizing. Any ideas as to what's going wrong? Does ps4_authtimeout() return the number of seconds until the authorization times out?
Last edited by JarthMader on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JarthMader
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Okay, the simplest way to do that is enable the option "PS4 partial crossover support" of your device. With this option enabled you can use your Xbox One controller on PS4 without the MaxAim DI, and still run your script.

Note that each 7 to 10 min the PS4 will pop a message of controller disconnected/connected. This shouldn't affect your gameplay, specially on bloodborne that does not have an pause menu.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby JarthMader » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 pm

Oops, I just edited after your reply. I tried that option and although it is fast, the interruption of input is noticeable. I found the documentation had a manual version that allows one to choose when to do it after being alerted by rumble and figured that would work best but I'm having some issues with it in that the rumble alert doesn't behave as expected.
JarthMader
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:24 pm

The rumble must be inside a combo with a wait time. Having it on the main as you posted will not work as expected.

I am not at my office at the moment (to be back at sept 20th), without Gtuner and a controller to test I am very limited in help you with coding. But try use the combo from the first code, if you need it to rumble with more strength just increased the value in the wait time.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby JarthMader » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:16 pm

The documentation version with a wait time of 2000 ms is working well. Thanks again for your help.
JarthMader
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:17 pm

you are welcome! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support