Remappiong ol PC controller

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Remappiong ol PC controller

Postby Blind Faith » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 pm

The titan One is getting me back into programming after 30 years.

This device is brilliant. I can move controllers from my PC to my console and the other way around, modify whatever I want.

I pulled out one old controller and plugged it into my PC no drivers needed . It behaved strangely. Using the device monitor I could see clearly that the HID buttons did not follow the known layout, reversed axes, rotated ABXY...

No problem lets remap the thing.

MaxRemapper surprised me, there is no way to tell it the input device is plain HID. The choices of input source does not include a device coming from PC. I have tested and it is easy to remap is script where the input can be HID_something -> whatever

I will likely end up scripting by hand but it would be nice to add HID as an input to maxremapper
Blind Faith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Remappiong ol PC controller

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Welcome to our community and thank your for your feedback on the Titan One. :)

Please note that, as the controller is connected to PC, the MaxAim DI is needed to interface it. With that said, the button mappings are performed using MaxAim DI, by right clicking the controller buttons at the central area. To invert the analog sticks values, a script is required. The script should be loaded into the MaxAim profile (not the the device) via the Layout Options menu -> Load GPC Script.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Blind Faith » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks for the answer.

Maybe I misread the documentation. I thought that my device fell in the misc category as an HID compliant device.

As a basic test I used the CT as a driver substitute on the PC and got the device recognized as an XB360 controller. It worked but some buttons and axes were wrong.

Then I plugged the gamepad in the input port and connected the PC prog It gives a perfect response in the device monitor. I can see what button will be translated to what and what needs to be remapped to conform to the XB360

I have even started a script that seems to work.

Code: Select all
//
// 9/14/2017 3:54:29 PM
//----------------------------------------
remap HID_STICK_1_Y -> XB360_RX;
remap HID_STICK_1_X -> XB360_RY;

main {
}

I am just starting at this.

MaxRemapper does not allow the HID as input but the script looks like it would work if fully implemented.
Would it?

Using MaxAim is a pain if not needed. All that this gamepad needs are remaps. I have started using MaxAim for my PS3 wheel with complex axes and hate the mess of wires.

I hope this makes sense. I will keep on playing around, my wife thinks I like more modifying the hardware then playing the games.
Blind Faith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 am

Nice see you are making progress. :)

Let me ask, if you connect your controller direct to the Titan One, the device's displays shows an blinking 'E'? the bottom dot turns off?

Blind Faith wrote:MaxRemapper does not allow the HID as input but the script looks like it would work if fully implemented.
Would it?

if you make a list of all remaps needed I can help you with the script. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Blind Faith » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 pm

The Titan One gives me a nice 0 :smile0517: . It is what got me started. No error. and when connected into my PC it converts to a XB360 device with 8 or 10 remaps needed.

The controller is a Belkin Nostromo N45. It has about the same layout as a Sony device, except for the triggers being buttons.

Thanks for the offer. I think I will give it a full try before I ask for help. I sounded out on here because I am lazy, like everyone else I guess, and wanted my script to be generated by MaxRemapper but it does not have a pick list for HID as an input.

I will be back If my script does not work... :oops:
Blind Faith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Blind Faith » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Success!!!

My VERY basic script does the trick perfectly.

Code: Select all
//
// BRLKIN Nostromo N45 PC/USB to XBOX
//----------------------------------------
remap HID_STICK_1_Y -> XB1_RX;
remap HID_STICK_1_X -> XB1_RY;
remap HID_BUTTON_1 -> XB1_LS;
remap HID_BUTTON_3 -> XB1_XBOX;
remap HID_BUTTON_4 -> XB1_LT;
remap HID_BUTTON_5 -> XB1_RT;
remap HID_BUTTON_6 -> XB1_RS;
remap HID_BUTTON_8 -> XB1_RB;
remap HID_BUTTON_9 -> XB1_MENU;
remap HID_BUTTON_15 -> XB1_X;
remap HID_BUTTON_16 -> XB1_B;
remap HID_BUTTON_17 -> XB1_A;

main {
}

:joia:

My N45 is working on my XB1 but as an extra it also doesn't need any profiling to work on all my PC games that recognize an XBOX controller.

Thanks for the support
Blind Faith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Glad you got this to work!! :) and thank you for posting your finding.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support