Rumble working (Switch/ Xbox One/ PS4) even wirelessly !

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Rumble working (Switch/ Xbox One/ PS4) even wirelessly !

Postby wheeldaz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:52 am

Well. maybe late - maybe not ... I thought some people might be interested in using "any" controller (even wirelessly) with vibration/ rumble on a Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Playstation 4. Titan One firmware doesn't really matter.

This does NOT include Gtuner or Maxaim but a very old Xinputwrapper (search for badgio Xinput ...), X360ce and - surprisingly - a Titan One device. As I don't use any gamepacks I don't know if they work but you may use "picoc scripts" - easy to learn ...

I'll just briefly explain how to set it up - If there's demand I can provide files (all legal) and help ...

- Make a profile for your "whatever-controller" in X360ce. Put the X360ce files Xinput.dll/ .ini and .exe into a new folder.
- Put Badgio's Xinput-Wrapper into the same folder (found on Github, btw.)
- overwrite the gcdapi.dll with the one found here on consoletuner.com (in the API-manual)
- set the Wrapper to x360ce Input
- write a script if needed (remapping, rumble-adjustments whatever) or leave it empty if you can't/ don't want to.

- Connect the Titan One's "prog-Port (mini USB)" to your PC
- For PS4 set Titan-One output to PS4 and connect a DS4 to Titan-One's input.
- For Xbox One set Titan-One output to Xbox One and connect an XB1-controller to Titan-One's input.
- For Nintendo-Switch set Titan-One output to PS3 (!) and spend $8 for a Coov N100 controller adapter (easy to find on ebay). Put the Titan One into the Coov N100 and connect the N100 to your Switch. Titan One's input can be left empty.

Run the Xinput.exe

This is working absolutely stable - even the "Guide/ PS-button" works and you can map the DS4's touchpad-button as well.

I've done this using my Xbox360 Wireless Controller connected to the Microsoft Wireless receiver.
It should work for ANY controller you can configure successfully in X360ce.

I went a bit further and wrote some picoc-scripts to adjust rumble strength, remap some buttons, set deadzones and so on. You could even create some macros or whatever you like ...

I came up with this as I could NOT get ANY rumble out of Maxaim to my wireless controllers - THIS did the trick for me :smile0517:
Last edited by wheeldaz on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheeldaz
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Rumble working (Switch/ Xbox One/ PS4) even wirelessly !

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Very nice tutorial, thank you for sharing your finding with us!! :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support