(Request)Better Gyro axis control for Maxaim DI

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

(Request)Better Gyro axis control for Maxaim DI

Postby SilentCrow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 am

So I just got a hold of a titan one tonight and I have been testing some nintendo switch things with it. For splatoon 2 I was hopeful that I could map mouse inputs to the gyroscope to get a more precise aim set up. However the input mapper handicaps my ability to do so.

To better understand what I mean, let me use joystick mouse mapping as reference. For each joystick, I can map a mouse movement to either the positive or negative input of that axis. To keep it simple Lets use mouse up, and mouse down on right stick up, and right stick down respectively.

When you move the mouse up, you get a negative number (from -100 to 0) on the right stick y axis, and when you move the mouse down you get a positive number (from 0 to +100) on the same axis.

The problem I have with the mapper is you can only map to the positive side of a gyro axis. So I can map a mouse up movement to that, but I can't map a mouse down movement to the negative side of it.

Am I missing something, or is there some sort of work around to this?
SilentCrow
Private
Private

Re: (Request)Better Gyro axis control for Maxaim DI

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Welcome to our community.

I've been working on this as well. Splatoon 2 has the Y axis, in stick mode, very sensitivity and with huge deadzone, mouse translation does not produce good results.

I also tried translate to the ACCY, see example code below.

Code: Select all
int x, y;

main {
    x = get_val(SWITCH_RX) + 3;
    if(x > 97) x = 97;
    set_val(SWITCH_RX, x);

y = y + get_val(SWITCH_RY);
    if(y > 100) y = 100;
    else if(y < -100) y = -100;
    //set_val(SWITCH_RY, 0);
    //set_val(SWITCH_ACCY, y);

set_val(SWITCH_ACCY, get_val(SWITCH_RY));
}

Like you described the result were not good with the Titan One, as it have low resolution (201 points). With the Titan Two it was much better, as it have 13,333,333 points of resolution, allowing precise control of the motion values.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support