Edit Gamerec

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

Edit Gamerec

Postby KittyDawn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:42 am

Hello,

I'm just wondering if there is a way to edit the Gamerec files in the compiler or if it would be possible to give us the option the run the gamerec play function in an infinite/defined loop?
KittyDawn
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Edit Gamerec

Postby CypherNova139 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Unfortunately there is no way I know of that Gamerec will loop playback or allow you to edit what it captured in compiler. Would be a useful feature.

However a workaround I did when using a grinding combo with it is I used a program on my computer called AutoHotKey that presses the spacebar every 50 seconds.
I setup Gamerec with the combo to run and highlighted the play button, by pressing Play once, then I activated AutoHotKey. With the Play button highlighted (blue border around button on Vista/Win7/8/8.1) pressing Spacebar will activate it, essentially running the combo in a infinite loop now that it is being pressed very few seconds.
Also so I could use the computer during this time (as Gamerec needs to stay as the active window the whole time) I ran this setup in a VM (using VirtualBox), so the VM stays idle doing the grinding, while you can use the host system to do other tasks.

Here is the script I used, edit the wait time to your needs, copy and paste this to an .ahk file so AutoHotKey can use it.
Note that pressing Spacebar again while combo is playing will pause it!
Code: Select all

Loop
{
    Sleep 48000
    SendInput {Space}
}
return 

P.S. It seems to me Gamerec plays back slightly faster than originally recorded, so test over and over again to make sure your combos work unattended!
CypherNova139
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Hey guys, suggestion annotated.
You can expect a GameREC with loop option released this next week (first of Jul 2014). :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby KittyDawn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks Cyhper, I had already setup autohotkey to press the space bar a second after the playback has finished, which restarts it. It is nice to hear that the option will be there soon as the only problem with running autohotkey is your computer is tied up for the duration as you cannot navigate from the GameRec window.
KittyDawn
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Alright, the loop option is done. The plugin (v1.70) will be released at same time Gtuner 3.0 this week.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support