Titan One Device Disconnected + No LED

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One Device Disconnected + No LED

Postby Dodo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:29 pm

I have my Titan One since 2 days. Everything worked yesterday.
Today, there is no connection and no LDS or anything. I already tried a new cable etc..please help ASAP.
Thanks
Dodo
Private
Private

Re: Titan One Device Disconnected + No LED

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Please check if you can re-flash the firmware using the recovery mode, as explained here:

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/firmw ... y_mode.htm

It may be necessary double press the reset button to enter in the programing mode (P).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby antithesis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Just a heads up that the same thing happened to me while upgrading to the 2.45 firmware last night. After multiple failed FW upgrades, the LED went black and the T1 was unresponsive.

I ended up having to stick a cocktail umbrella stick (not sure why I have one?!?) into the RESET button on the back of the T1. A few attempts later and P popped up on the LED.

From there, it took about a dozen loops through the recovery firmware and 2.45 upgrade failing to save to flash memory before finally getting through and returning to normal. Surprisingly, all of my configs were still on-board.

Long story short - J2K has this scenario covered. Oftentimes it's the USB cable at fault, so try another short USB cable, if you have one lying around.

In my case, I use a Windows 8 Virtual Machine on a Mac and sometimes the USB driver fails to initiate when programming or upgrading the Titan One. That's not really how the Titan One is designed to be used, but it still works 99% of the time.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Thank antithesis for the input. Totally agree, a bad cable is more than often the cause of issues. Hopefully Dodo was also able to fix his device with the firmware recovery procedure.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device