Titan one is frequently losing connection to controller USB

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan one is frequently losing connection to controller USB

Postby wvnative » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:51 pm

It's totally random but a few times per play session it stops working. I have to disconnect the titan one from the cable and reconnect. I've tried new cables, different controllers, different ports on the PS4, as well as different consoles. I have only had it a couple weeks.

Any idea what's wrong? This isn't the 10 minute authentication issue as I'm not using cross controller. The controller remains lit like normal but simply doesn't work. The titan one just flashes like there is no controller connected. The connections are tight and everything.
wvnative
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Titan one is frequently losing connection to controller

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Please check if you have any of the speed-up settings enabled, if yes disable them all to check if it solves the disconnections. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby wvnative » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Disabling those settings didn't work. Still cuts out randomly.
wvnative
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby UK_Wildcats » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 pm

I have used my T1 for over 2 years now. I use the DS4 with the PS4 hard wired. What is your your specific configuration/setup with length of cables? What are your T1 setttings? Are you using long cables? Are you using wireless bluetooth? I play almost daily and was wearing out cables about every 3-6 months. The symptoms are random disconnects or non-responsiveness. It is always the cable. You have to be careful with cables as a few of them are charging only cables and are not used for data transfer.

In my opinion the major issue is the micro USB connector. The little tangs on the connector get fatigued easily and don't hold the connector well. If i tried using another cable from around the house, it would often have similar issues because of the cable has already been used and the tangs don't hold it well which allow for random disconnects. When I start having these issues, I buy a brand new cable and it always works. Just make sure that you are not using a really long cable.

There are lots of information on the internet describing the design flaws of Micro USB.

I have much better luck using braided cables because they typically have better connectors.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Prototype » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Same for me it is always the cable. When this problem comes with the Titan One i buy a new cable and it works. I don't have this problem with the Titan Two because i use good quality braided cables.

Take a look at the Titan Connection Kit if you want the best cable!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6680#p49179
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby wvnative » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Can somebody post a link to just a proper micro usb cable? I'm now certain that's the issue as i only have charge cables. the Titan kit comes with too much crap i don't need.
wvnative
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm

For the Titan One it is a Mini-USB cable (not micro-usb):

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB ... B00NH13S44
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby wvnative » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:17 pm

J2Kbr wrote:For the Titan One it is a Mini-USB cable (not micro-usb):

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB ... B00NH13S44

Yeah but i'm using a PS4 controller wired, which is micro. Doesn't matter now as I ordered one using info posted earlier. Hopefully this works.
wvnative
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 pm

That is correct. I thought the discussion was about the programming cable. sorry.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby wvnative » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:11 pm

So I got a braided cable that appeared to have fixed it. It worked for a day and a half before happening again last night while playing transformers on PS3. Forgot to mention in my original post that when it happens it bounces on the display between 1 and 3.

Right now i've reflashed the firmware and I'll see if that works. If not, what is the warranty policy cause I'm starting to think this unit is defective.

To answer previous questions about my set up, I got a micro usb going to the titan about 3 feet long, and the titan hooked up to a 6 foot extension. Yes it's a long wired set up. Could never get blutooth to work due to lag even with speed up settings. So I go wired. However this has been my setup with Cmax for years, only problem with the Cmax was that the connector in the device would wear out after a year/year and a half. My titan one is 3 weeks old...
wvnative
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan One Device