Device Monitor Deadzone

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Device Monitor Deadzone

Postby WeberInt » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:07 pm

I'm new to the Console Tuning community and I was setting up the Titan One for the Xbox 360 so that my G25 wheel could be played on. This may be a stupid question so I apologize, I just could not find out any solution. After mapping the buttons to the controller, it works perfectly and the only issue I have is with the deadzone.

I tested the wheel in the device monitor to make sure there was no deadzone with the wheel and it turned out to be fine (the slightest movement will change the value in the inputs from -100 to 100). On the output side, the output was changing with the slightest change in the wheel (which is good), but it turns green at -20 or 20, signalling that it was actually registering in the game.

Is there a way to get rid of this strange output deadzone? That little bit of deadzone makes the game unplayable, and I already changed the game deadzone and no difference was made.
WeberInt
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Device Monitor Deadzone

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:27 am

With MaxAim, as you tried, is possible to adjust the wheel deadzone. Please export your MaxAim layout (Menu file -> Export) and attach to this topic so we can check. thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby WeberInt » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:44 pm

Thank you for your response! I just saw it now, I messed with all of the mouse settings and none seemed to make a difference but I am convinced it is on the output side because I changed Forza's deadzones to have none at all (everything from 20-100 to 0-100) and the input side of the device monitor registered everything, even the smallest movements; assuming the trigger value registering in-game is why the output changes green, could it be changed so it is always green (registering every movement in the output)?

*Edit: I can post a video of what is happening on YouTube and then just send a link if that would make my question more clear, I realize I probably sound confusing because I haven't done this stuff before
Attachments
Forza G25 v1.glf
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
WeberInt
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 am

Thank you for attaching your MaxAim Layout, I have updated it with a script to fix the deadzone:
Forza G25.glf
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby WeberInt » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:45 am

Dude you're awesome! I tried it out and it works a lot better! What did you do to fix it? Thank you so much btw
WeberInt
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Nice we are making progress!! :)
What I did was add a script in the MaxAim layout to fix the deadzone, based on this code:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1216
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby WeberInt » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:12 pm

Well it helps so much so thanks again man!
WeberInt
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan One Device