Adjusting a "Dead Zone" for XBox One Controller?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Adjusting a "Dead Zone" for XBox One Controller?

Postby bzowk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Hey Guys -

I've got an XBox One controller that I use exclusively on my PC (Windows 10) which came with my Oculus Rift. A few weeks ago, it started drifting so that the Y Axis on the left stick doesn't return all the way to center when released. There are a few hardware mods which didn't work, replacement equipment that's hit or miss, plus Steam includes calibration where you can set a "dead zone" that allows compensation for that with software. Unfortunately, it only applies to games launched via Steam.

As I have a TitanOne that I haven't really ever used, I was wondering if possible to configure it to make the appropriate adjustments to emulate basically what Steam is doing. If so, I could then apply it to any title as it would be the hardware making the adjustment.

One more thing - if this if actually possible, would the TitanOne work similarly in "wireless" mode by plugging the XBox's USB wireless adapter into it instead of the controller directly?

Any thoughts? Thanks!
bzowk
Private
Private

Re: Adjusting a "Dead Zone" for XBox One Controller?

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:07 pm

this simple script should fix the left stick drift:
Code: Select all
main {
    if(abs(XB1_LY) < 30) {
        set_val(XB1_LY, 0);
    }
}
The "deadzone" can be adjusted by change the value 30. Higher the value higher will be the deadzone for this axis.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device