T1 completely dead? Tried everything! No sign of life?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

T1 completely dead? Tried everything! No sign of life?

Postby SirrapT » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:20 pm

So just another normal day, was going to play my games and my T1 just wasn't responding? Have treated it like gold from the start, well protected from possible bending and pulling. Even have a short usb (cable) adapter plugged in to my xbox were I connect my T1, so no risk of pushing/bending the connecting parts at all. Bought it October last year. Please leave the basic advice out, I tried it all. This one is COMPLETELY DEAD! I read a few other posts with the same problem and there seam to be no answer? So let me know if I can get a new one or how you deal with a situation like this?!
Please Help!
SirrapT
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: T1 completely dead? Tried everything! No sign of life?

Postby SirrapT » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Cmon guys! This should obviously be a prioritized subject and OF COURSE I'm disappointed and pissed off!
SirrapT
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Scachi » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Its weekend..you may need to wait until monday for an official/useful reply.
Where did you buy it from. Maybe you still have warranty, try to contact the shop ?
If you bought it here you can PM J2kbr.

// edit..sry..missed that..you already told when you bought it...
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby SirrapT » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks! Just the heat of the moment, hehe! No worries, I'll deal with it, step by step...
SirrapT
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:40 pm

SirrapT wrote:Please leave the basic advice out, I tried it all. This one is COMPLETELY DEAD! I read a few other posts with the same problem and there seam to be no answer?

If you haven't tried yet, please re-flash the firmware using the recovery mode, as explained here:

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/firmw ... y_mode.htm

It may be necessary double press the reset button to enter in the programing mode (P).
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby SirrapT » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Thanks! Tried it a few times already :(
It's just totally dead?!
I've contacted the seller on Amazon...
SirrapT
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 am

hi SirrapT, I have just replied your email on this matter.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby SirrapT » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Just some thoughts!
As manufacturers of the Titan One, you guys must be well aware of all the problems and limitations of your product. After some research I can see that the life time of T1 is not very long. My guess is that there's some room to improve durability in materials and so on, but if that's not going to happen, why not be honest about it. Give us options to buy the second one with a discount or pay for some kind of insurance. It could be a win-win situation, really. I mean, for us who really like this concept, it's disappointing that this idea is packed in a weak "package".
And for the weak parts of your concept, give us some advice on how to make the product last longer - do's and dont's...
Thanks!
Last edited by SirrapT on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirrapT
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am

Thank you SirrapT for your input and suggestions. We will be considering your points.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby SirrapT » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:05 pm

After some serious digging and researching in this matter (all online reviews I could find), my conclusion is as follows (have in mind that I have used the T1 only, and just for 6 months):

Titan One and Two is (in my opinion) a superior concept that is amazing and extremely useful for most of us gamers.

When we start to understand more about the code language (script) ourselves, it's even more amazing.

Thanks to the professional support, most requests are made possible.

The physical part of this concept/product, is the only weak point I can find so far. High risk of wear and tear and possibly even overheating, and even more so if not unplugged ("turned off") when not in use.

Me myself, coming from Sweden (now a resident of Texas), had a hard time getting used to the short warranty times you guys have here. 90 days is very common here, compared to consumers rights for 1 - 2 years in Sweden. In other words, in the US, the quality of the product don't need to last longer than 3 - 4 months? Something to be aware of I suppose!

I might be wrong, or missing something here, but my advice is:
Buy a short USB extension (1 - 2 feet), plug this in the console and then put the T1 in the extention. This way there's no risk for pushing and bending on the T1. I have an external pc fan on top of (air out flow) my Xbox One. If you want some cooling on the T1, place it on top of the external fan (tape or something) and there you go. And always unplug while not in use! This should make it last longer...

Thanks again for a brilliant concept!
SirrapT
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Titan One Device