Help with Gamesir T4 and Titan One

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Help with Gamesir T4 and Titan One

Postby Garadan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:17 pm

I just recently purchased the Titan One, and I was hoping I could use it to be able to use my Gamesir T4 controller (PC controller) with my Xbox One. I've updated the firmware on the Titan One, and tried connected it to my Xbox but it doesn't recognize it. Is the Gamesir T4 compatible with the Titan One? If it is, what do I need to do to be able to get it to work with the Xbox One?

Thank you for any help shared.
Garadan
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Help with Gamesir T4 and Titan One

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am

Up to some extend, the Titan One has support for Generic HID gaming device (e.g. PC joysticks). To check if the Titan One is recognizing the Gamesir T4, please connect the Titan One to your PC via PCPROG port, run Gtuner Pro and open the Device Monitor.

Connect the Gamesir T4 into the Titan One and check if the controller is detected and if you can see the inputs being activated when pressing buttons on the controller.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Garadan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:09 pm

So when I did as you suggested, the device monitor does detect the GameSir controller, but when I plug it into the Xbox One it doesn't do anything.
Garadan
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:22 pm

Garadan wrote:So when I did as you suggested, the device monitor does detect the GameSir controller, but when I plug it into the Xbox One it doesn't do anything.

I assume your could see the buttons being activated on Device Monitor. This is a good sign. :smile0517: Okay, to use this controller you will need first authenticate the Titan One with the XB1 console using a regular XB1 controller, as the following:

Soon after plugging the Titan One to the XB1 console you will see the display showing AU.
At this point plug the XB1 controller on the Titan One and wait the display show the number 0.
After that, unplug the XB1 controller and plug the GameSir controller.

You should now be able to operate the XB1 console using the GameSir controller.

Please also note you may need perform some button remapping on the controller.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Garadan » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:43 pm

I'm able to get to the point where I plug in the xbox one controller to the titan one when it is blinking AU, it soon after will turn to 0. However once I unplug the xbox controller, and plug in the GameSir controller it does nothing, though the titan one panel still shows 0.
Garadan
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Garadan wrote:I'm able to get to the point where I plug in the xbox one controller to the titan one when it is blinking AU, it soon after will turn to 0. However once I unplug the xbox controller, and plug in the GameSir controller it does nothing, though the titan one panel still shows 0.

Correct, but when using the Device Monitor was possible to see the buttons being activated when pressing on the controller right?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Garadan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Correct, the device monitor correctly shows each button I push activating on the device monitor, corresponding to the correct button pressed. When I then plug the Titan One into the back Xbox One USB port, the Titan One shows the A and U blinking. I then plug in the Xbox controller wire and the Titan One stops blinking the A and U, and just shows a 0. Once it is at this stage, I unplug the wire for the Xbox One controller and then plug the wire from the GameSir controller into the Titan One (I've tried both the hard wire and the Bluetooth dongle that came with the GameSir), once it is plugged in the Titan One still shows a 0, however pressing any of the buttons has no response on the Xbox.
Garadan
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Garadan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm going to test a few theories with the Titan One tonight and see if I can figure out why the device monitor detects the GameSir controller but the Xbox One will not. I was thinking though, would I have an easier time if I returned the Titan One and purchased the Titan Two? I've read that the Titan Two improved a lot of the features of the original, and it seems more compatible with a plethora of controllers than that of the Titan One?

****UPDATE*****

I finally got it working! I believe my issue was instead of unplugging the Xbox controller, I needed to just pull the batteries first to obviously kill the connection, then unplug it and plug in the GameSir. Stupid oversight on my part, I was so focused that there had to be some bigger issue.

Anyway, thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. Time to go figure out how to work some scripts/macros now. I am still interested if anyone has some feedback on the Titan 2, and if its worth upgrading from the Titan One to it?

Thanks,
Garadan
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan One Device