Light gun crossover gaming possible with Titan?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Light gun crossover gaming possible with Titan?

Postby Zebra » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:29 am

Is it possible to change a PS3 game from relative to absolute analog joypad controls with a custom script?

Looking at the gaming mod functionality of the Titan devices, I assume it works by injecting some temporary code into the game (kinda like a modern more sophisticated version of the Action Replay we used to cheat on Snes games)?.

It's possible to do this on PC games with simple software like Xpadder with options for both absolute mouse and absolute analog joystick (as well as regular joypad to mouse or mouse to joypad controls mapping).

It sounds plausible that a Titan script could change the 6 axis analog stick control from relative to absolute for games like HOD4 and Socom on the PS3. These games have absolute positioning if you use the Move, so how hard could it be to add it for the 6 axis?

When I used an Arduino Leonardo to create an absolute mouse using analog controls, it was as simple as changing one line of code...
Zebra
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby antithesis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:12 am

Titan One/Two does not inject code into the game or the console - it doesn't have access to the OS, RAM or game files. Titans are controller emulators, nothing more.

Titans accepts input from your controller, mouse, keyboard, joystick, wheel etc and converts that info into analog stick position coordinates, or automates a sequence of button presses and/or stick movements.

I'll leave it up to J2Kbr to follow-up as he'll have a better idea of your requirements, but it might be possible using a script.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Zebra » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:51 pm

A controller emulator is exactly what is needed to use light guns or other gun controllers on the PS3 or Wii instead of the Wii remote or the PS3 eye camera.

It currently only seems to be able to emulate the Wii classic controller and the PS3 6 axis pads though. It just needs code to emulate a PS3 eye and Wii remote and to translate the analog controller signal into the same protocol the PS3 Eye and Wii remote use to communicate analog positioning to those consoles.

From what I can tell from looking inside the PS3 eye camera, the Wii remote and the Guncon 3, they all seem to use the same protocol (with a slight customization for the Wii remote).

The Wii Nunchuk analog thumb-stick seems to use the same protocol as the Wii remote camera too. I plan to try a pad / remote hack where I remove the camera module and connect the output direct from a Nunchuk to see if I can move the Wii cursor with the analog thumb-stick.

It would be great if the Titan was updated to include PS3 Eye compatibility though. I can play Wii games with my real arcade guns using the Dolphin emulator but there is currently no good PS3 emulation.
Zebra
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:28 pm

The PS3 Eye is just a camera. You can actually use it as webcam on any computer.

In the video below is me using the PS3 Eye to capture the TV screen for a Computer Vision application running on Windows laptop (9 years ago).

ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Previous

Return to Titan One Device