DS4 Backbutton attachment support

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

DS4 Backbutton attachment support

Postby crad159 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 am

I was wanting to know if the new dualshock 4 back button attachment will work with the titan 1? Or if their is a plan to have it working with the T1 in the near future?
crad159
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: DS4 Backbutton attachment support

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am

If possible, yes, this accessory will be supported by both the Titan One and Titan Two. The hope is these back buttons to be available as individual inputs in the USB protocol (like the Xbox Elite). However, more I read about this accessory, more it seems it will be just button mapping.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby crad159 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Thank you for the reply. Will it be possible to program the buttons to perform combos or have pressing a back button perform one action and holding it perform another? Just wondering if the back buttons would be programmable like any other button on the controller? I play games with one hand and only use the T1 to play games so any extra buttons on the left side of the ds4 would make it much easier for me to play. Thanks for all you guys do :joia:
crad159
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:37 pm

From what we read about this accessory so far, it will just communicate with the controller and will not expose the paddles state in the USB communication protocol. It still can be used with the Titan devices, but the paddles will not be individually accessible as extra buttons, as it is with the Xbox Elite controller.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device