ADD support for HID Raphnet Saturn V2 adapter

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

ADD support for HID Raphnet Saturn V2 adapter

Postby roludoM » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 am

Hi there,

I Just received my Titan One and were hoping to use it in conjuction with my raphnet saturn V2 adapter to adapt my ancient sega saturn 3D control Pad on the Switch for the upcoming Panzer Dragoon Remake. The device monitor in MaxRemapper shows a lot of HID Buttons but unfortunately if i press any on the controller no input are registered.

Searching on the forum I saw you've already been there with his adapters and have been able to add support to others raphnets adapter in Gtuner IV thanks to the USB descriptors.

Would it be possible to do the same for the titan one and Gtuner pro ?

I would gladly help, thanks in advance for any answer.
roludoM
Corporal
Corporal

Re: ADD support for HID Raphnet Saturn V2 adapter

Postby DontAtMe » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:16 am

If possible, connect the controller to your PC, and use MaxAim Direct Input to transfer the inputs to the T1.
You will need to connect the T1 to your PC via PROG, for this to work.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby roludoM » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Wow, Thank you for your fast answer. I got it working this way on my PS4 but unfornately not on my switch so far...

1-Should I use the xbox one or xbox 360 template to map a switch controller ? (As there are no switch template in MaxAIM...)

2-Is there a way to map a combination of buttons using this MaxAIM technique to map the extra buttons ? (like the touchpad / option / share buttons... ?)

3-Also I was hoping for a more "portable" solution, would a titan two be able to do all that without the need of being connected to a laptop or computer ?
roludoM
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:22 am

roludoM wrote:1-Should I use the xbox one or xbox 360 template to map a switch controller ? (As there are no switch template in MaxAIM...)

On MaxAim DI the background controller is just visual, it does not have any interference in the operation of the plugin.

roludoM wrote:2-Is there a way to map a combination of buttons using this MaxAIM technique to map the extra buttons ? (like the touchpad / option / share buttons... ?)
For that you will need a GPC script loaded on MaxAim DI. If you need help to make such script, please let us know.

roludoM wrote:3-Also I was hoping for a more "portable" solution, would a titan two be able to do all that without the need of being connected to a laptop or computer ?

One of the main design requisites for the Titan Two was offer all Titan One features without needing PC connection. So yes, with the Titan Two you could do that without a laptop or computer. :smile0517:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby roludoM » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:59 am

Thanks again for the fast answer, awesome support here.

I've been reading some of the documentation but I'm still trying to figure how to create the GPC script,
I would like to use the "start" button on the controller as a shift button to create 6 different combinations :

Is there a way to use the Direct Inputs like the number of the DI button number (9 for start) from the controller as Identifiers ?

something like :

if(get_val(DI_BUTTON_9) && get_val(DI_BUTTON_2)) {
set_val(PS4_PS, 100);

Or must I assign it to one of the Extra Input and use the Extra Input identifier in the GPC script ?

EDIT: got the script working on PS4 using the extra input technique for all the buttons combinations I was looking for but still struggling with the shift button to convert analog sticks LX&LY to RX&Y when I press the button (while deactivating the LX&LY of course)

Unfortunately it still doesn't work with the Nintendo Switch (dock or portable mode) It doesn't even register the controller. Oddly, when I plug the Titan One in the Switch, the device monitor of MaxAIM DI goes from Switch to PS4, and it greys the option so I can't force it to Switch mode... it's like it thinks it's getting connected to a PS4 instead of a switch...
roludoM
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:53 am

roludoM wrote:Unfortunately it still doesn't work with the Nintendo Switch (dock or portable mode) It doesn't even register the controller. Oddly, when I plug the Titan One in the Switch, the device monitor of MaxAIM DI goes from Switch to PS4, and it greys the option so I can't force it to Switch mode... it's like it thinks it's getting connected to a PS4 instead of a switch...

In the Titan One device settings, try set the output protocol to "SWITCH", instead of "AUTOMATIC".
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby roludoM » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:57 pm

Got it! For some reason the "Pro Controller Wired Communication" wasn't enabled on my Switch.
It works like a charm now and I didn't even had to force the Titan One output protocol.

I'll maybe ask for further assistance in the dedicated section to create the scripts I would like to make, if I can't figure it out myself.

But to conclude this thread :

Raphnet Sega Saturn Adapter V2 works fine on the Titan One using MaxAIM DI but must remain connected to a computer.
Consider buying a Titan Two if needed on the go...

Thanks to DontAtMe and to J2Kbr who helped me with this!
roludoM
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan One Device