Titan One not working properly on Xbox One S using a DS4

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One not working properly on Xbox One S using a DS4

Postby oBradRL » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:38 pm

So I decided to get an Xbox One S after owning a PS4 for years and selling it but I've always preferred a PS4 controller compared to the Xbox One controllers, after purchasing an Xbox One S I bought a Titan One so I could use my PS4 controller on my xbox which was perfect until my PS4 controller started becoming possessed meaning it would start pressing buttons without me even pressing them, at first I thought it was the controller so I went out and bought a controller but it still continued so I thought it must be the Titan One Adapter so went out and bought a new adapter but once again its not the adapter, already tried different cables and still no fix therefore maybe its a problem with the Xbox One S? Does anyone know what the issue could be? I've tried connecting it through different USB ports on the console and when I plug it into my laptop to use Gtuner it starts to play up on my laptop too pressing buttons and the track pad starts playing up but as soon as I unplug it from my xbox it's fine.
oBradRL
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Titan One not working properly on Xbox One S using a DS4

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:39 am

Welcome to our forums.

Does the described issue also happens if not having any script running on the Titan One device (the display showing 0)?

Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby oBradRL » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Yes I don't run any scripts so it's always in 0, I purely use a Titan One to play Xbox One with a PS4 controller
oBradRL
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:35 pm

oBradRL wrote:Yes I don't run any scripts so it's always in 0, I purely use a Titan One to play Xbox One with a PS4 controller

Thank you for informing.

First, please check if the issue also happens if you use a regular XB1 controller via the Titan One device (this will help narrow down the possible causes of the problem).

After that, please provide more details of the behavior you described as "the controller started becoming possessed meaning it would start pressing buttons without me even pressing them".

Are random buttons, or it is some specific button(s)? which one?

Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby oBradRL » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 am

I have tried the XB1 controller through the Titan One already and it didn't do it and when I plug my PS4 controller in it seems fine for the first couple of minutes then it starts pressing the R1 button without me evening touching my controller aswell as the R2 button, Circle button and when I press the home button I press down and it pings straight back up, doesn't matter how many times I go down it has a mind of its own, it just starts jumping around down and up and left and right without me even having the controller in my hands, I try to plug the titan one into my laptop to see why its doing it and it begins to mess up my laptop but only when it's plugged into my xbox at the same time, it starts clicking stuff I haven't clicked on and the touch pad on my laptop starts lagging and it becomes difficult to use so I've unplugged it and gone onto Gtuner and then Device Monitor and plugged it back in and watching the log of buttons pressed at the bottom it's always doing slight movements or button presses on the controller
oBradRL
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:12 am

Thank you for the clarifications.

If I understood correctly, when using a XB1 controller the Titan One is working good (no unintended buttons pressed). And the issue only happens when you plug the PS4 controller.

Do you have any of the speedup settings of the device enabled? If yes, please try disable all 4.

https://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/device_options.htm

If the problem persists, please let me know if your PS4 controller is the original version or the newest version (with lightbar on the touchpad)? Or if it is a third-party controller such as Nacon or Hori? if yes, which model?

Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby oBradRL » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Yeah so when I play a game using an xbox one controller through the titan one it's fine but when I plug the PS4 controller in it starts playing up however I've just come to release when I have the titan one plugged into the xbox with an xbox controller connected to it and its connected to my laptop it still plays up with my laptop making the track pad lag and presses buttons without me pressing them however the controller works perfectly on the Xbox.

I also had a look at the speedup settings and I only had the DS4 BT Boost enabled which I then disabled and didn't change anything and I use the Official Sony new V2 Controller with the light bar.
oBradRL
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Okay, I don't have the Xbox S console (my XB1 console is the launch version). Anyway, I will be trying use a PS4 V2 controller on the XB1 via the Titan One to check if I can reproduce this issue. If yes, then I will try find the cause and release a fix via firmware update.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device