Titan One and Gtuner Pro: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One and Gtuner Pro: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:58 pm

The Titan One update 2.70 and Gtuner Pro update 3.70 adds support for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles and respective controllers.

TitanOne PS5 XSX.png
TitanOne PS5 XSX.png (17.86 KiB) Viewed 15096 times

PlayStation 5 Support:

The Titan One support for PS5 games works the same as on the Titan Two device. A third-party PS4 controller (such as Astro, Nacon, Hori, Razer, etc) is required in order for the device authenticate with PS5 games. Others controllers can also be used. However, in this case, the Titan One will automatically reconnected with the console every 8 minutes in order to reset the authentication timeout.

TitanOne PS5 Auth Reset.png
TitanOne PS5 Auth Reset.png (13.79 KiB) Viewed 15096 times

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S Controllers:

• The DualSense is working wired (USB) and wirelessly (Bluetooth). Touchpad, rumble, LED color, motion sensors are supported in gameplay and scripting.

•The Xbox Series X|S controller is working wired (USB). Rumble and impulse triggers are supported in gameplay and scripting.

The Device Monitor and GPC Compiler were updated to support and display the identifiers for PS5 and XSX.

Device Monitor PS5 XSX.png
Device Monitor PS5 XSX.png (33.18 KiB) Viewed 15096 times
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Titan One and Gtuner Pro: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series

Postby Deno » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:39 pm

Awesome many thanks J2Kbr, works great! :smile0202:
Deno
Corporal
Corporal

Postby RLJP » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:42 pm

Please, is the 8 minutes reset limitation when using a PlayStation controller something you plan to fix? Thank you.
RLJP
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby Mad » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:12 pm

RLJP wrote:Please, is the 8 minutes reset limitation when using a PlayStation controller something you plan to fix? Thank you.

The Titan One support for PS5 games works the same as on the Titan Two device. A third-party PS4 controller (such as Astro, Nacon, Hori, Razer, etc) is required in order for the device authenticate with PS5 games. Others controllers can also be used. However, in this case, the Titan One will automatically reconnected with the console every 8 minutes in order to reset the authentication timeout.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby RLJP » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:32 pm

Thank you for your answer! My Titan One is not resetting with 8 minutes, it resets with 10 minutes and 27 seconds. Please, any ideas on what I can do to fix it?
RLJP
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby madriss » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:31 pm

Thank you for updating Titan One for PlayStation 5 support!! It's great. It seems to work fine in most PS5 games (I tried 4 which all worked) but for some reason I could not get it to work with Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. When I load that game none of the buttons will do anything (except PS button, then it works in PS5 menus) - there are no errors shown on screen and the button mapping output still looks correct in Device Monitor on the PC, that game just doesn’t seem to accept it. Do some games have some kind of anti tamper detection which stops you using a different controller? (I don't have anything unusual programmed in, just default button mapping).
Last edited by madriss on Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
madriss
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:58 pm

RLJP wrote:Thank you for your answer! My Titan One is not resetting with 8 minutes, it resets with 10 minutes and 27 seconds. Please, any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

The actual time depends on the frequency the console requests authentication. The Titan One have a counter to register every authentication request and resets the USB connection just before the console's authentication timeout.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:06 pm

madriss wrote:Thank you for updating Titan One for PlayStation 5 support!! It's great. It seems to work fine in most PS5 games (I tried 4 which all worked) but for some reason I could not get it to work with Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. When I load that game none of the buttons will do anything (except PS button, then it works in PS5 menus) - there are no errors shown on screen and the button mapping output still looks correct in Device Monitor on the PC, that game just doesn’t seem to accept it. Do some games have some kind of anti tamper detection which stops you using a different controller? (I don't have anything unusual programmed in, just default button mapping).

I don't believe this is intentionally implemented on the game to detect and prevent devices such as the Titan One. What possible is happening is Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 make use of a low level controller input driver which is configured to recognize only the DualSense. Early January I will download this game to confirm that. Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby RLJP » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:18 pm

The actual time depends on the frequency the console requests authentication. The Titan One have a counter to register every authentication request and resets the USB connection just before the console's authentication timeout.

Thank you again. Unfortunately it is not working like that, the controller times out at 8 minutes and I have to wait 2 minutes and 27 seconds for the automatic reset or I have to manually plug the device out/in.

Edit: I actually just found an interesting detail: if I connect to the front PS5 USB everything works fine, if I connect to any of the 2 in the back I get the described issue.
RLJP
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:43 am

RLJP wrote:Edit: I actually just found an interesting detail: if I connect to the front PS5 USB everything works fine, if I connect to any of the 2 in the back I get the described issue.

Interesting. This makes sense. All the testing I made with PS5 was using the PS5's front USB port. Thank you for bringing this information to my attention, we will checking what is the difference with back USB ports and releasing a fix.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan One Device