Destiny PS4 - KB/M (TitanOne)

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Destiny PS4 - KB/M (TitanOne)

Postby TxtbookNinja » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello,

First, apologies if I missed this information somewhere in the forums, but I had a few questions I wanted to ask and be sure of before I purchase a TitanOne. I wasn't able to find if anyone has tested using Keyboard and Mouse on PS4 specifically for Destiny. So my questions are:

As I was reading I understand that it plugs into your PC, and it translates your KB/M inputs to the PS4 (assuming after some configuration) is that correct?
Are there only certain keyboards and mice supported?
Lastly, has anyone had the chance to try this specific setup out with Destiny?
If so, how did it work out for you?

Thanks for any information!
TxtbookNinja
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Destiny PS4 - KB/M (TitanOne)

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:16 pm

TxtbookNinja wrote:As I was reading I understand that it plugs into your PC, and it translates your KB/M inputs to the PS4 (assuming after some configuration) is that correct?

Totally correct.

TxtbookNinja wrote:Are there only certain keyboards and mice supported?

Any keyboard/mouse that works on PC can be used, no exception.

TxtbookNinja wrote:Lastly, has anyone had the chance to try this specific setup out with Destiny? If so, how did it work out for you?

Unfortunately this question I'm not able to answer. I played a lot Destiny, but was mostly with the gamepad (testing the Destiny GamePack we released recently). However, you can have an experience very close to what is K&M on PC using Titan One and MaxAim. The mouse settings of MaxAim allow you make virtually any adjustment possible. And I heard from a costumer that the MaxAim worked very well with Destiny.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby hellfish » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Hmm, I too would love to know how well this works with Destiny (since it seems to be too good to be true), I just ordered this just for Destiny. I am just worried about the input lagg and if it would be too much for me or not. I heard it was about 1.2ms (which is fine with me). Anyways please and thanks for any information you guys can give me!
hellfish
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Baby Cham » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Hmm, I too would love to know how well this works with Destiny (since it seems to be too good to be true), I just ordered this just for Destiny.

You'll be happy and amazed with your purchase. :joia:

I am just worried about the input lagg and if it would be too much for me or not. I heard it was about 1.2ms (which is fine with me).

There's no input lag whatsoever using Titan One. I give you my word on that. :)

Anyways please and thanks for any information you guys can give me!

We are here to help you with whatever questions or concerns you may have. :wink:
ConsoleTuner Support Team
Baby Cham
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby TxtbookNinja » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:40 pm

I ordered and received my titan one - thanks for quick reply.
Unfortunately I don't get my ps4 til destiny releases since I bought the bundle.

In the mean time my titan one is just sitting here - is there any work I can do to have this ready to go when I setup the ps4?
Anything I will need before hand?
Also - was curious - will I need a bluetooth usb adapter for my PC to send my wired kb/m input to the ps4?
Apologies for all the questions, just new to the product and dont have a means to test it currently.

As soon as I get my ps4 and set up the titanone to work with destiny be sure to post here and let everyone know how it works after I do some optimizing.
TxtbookNinja
Corporal
Corporal

Postby HardcoreGamer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:54 pm

In the mean time my titan one is just sitting here - is there any work I can do to have this ready to go when I setup the ps4?

You can download gtuner pro and update your Titan one firmware, you can also set up some game packs and configure them but if your using kb/mouse you can't use gamepacks, but if I'm correct you can use scripts with kb/mouse.

Anything I will need before hand?

Maybe a longer micro USB cable, if your using Bluetooth then I don't think you really need a longer micro USB cable.

But it really depends where you have your PC/laptop set up if you have it close to your console you really don't need it.

Also - was curious - will I need a bluetooth usb adapter for my PC to send my wired kb/m input to the ps4?

You don't need Bluetooth for wired Kb/mouse, Bluetooth is for your wireless ps4 controllers.

So if your going to use your kb/mouse your setup should be something like this.

T1 into PS4;
DS4 Plugged into T1;
PC Plugged into T1 via the Pc Prog port;
KB/Mouse into PC/Laptop.

Apologies for all the questions, just new to the product and dont have a means to test it currently.

Dont worry about it. :) this awesome community loves to help out.
Titan One User's Manual:

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/
HardcoreGamer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby TxtbookNinja » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:36 am

First impressions:
Super nice. Im using the MaxAim DI plugin and started using the BF3 saved config right off the bat with some different key configs and it was playable.
After a bit I changed the sensitivity in game to max and up a bit on the mouse settings and it was perfect.
The ONLY thing Im struggling with is during aiming - theres an annoying auto aim that makes things feel super strange - anyone know if theres a way around this? Doesnt look like there is a way to turn it off in game.
TxtbookNinja
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan One Device