Brand new Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Brand new Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting

Postby Khair » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:48 pm

I bought my Xbox One second hand from Cash Converters (but still have a 1 year guarantee) so it could be that.

It works fine in every other way, but the controller keeps disconnecting. It happened initially with the controller I got with it, and after trying every technique recommended on Microsoft's website, I gave up and bought a controller brand new. Now it's doing the same thing with the new one.

It's not a distance issue, the Xbox is literally less than 2 feet away from me when I play. WiFi connection is generally fine, and the PS3 that used to sit in its place never had any trouble like this.

I tried power cycling the controller, hard resetting the xbox, updating the controller's firmware, connecting it with a USB cable, pairing it over and over again, charging controllers fully before use... I also bought the Energizer battery packs for both controllers, but the problem pre-dates this purchase.

I'm fairly certain the problem is with the Xbox, but Microsoft's website and the other tech sites I've checked weren't any help.

Any advice?
Khair
Private
Private

Re: Brand new Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting

Postby Mad » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:07 am

Hi,

Does it still disconnect if you don't use the titan one?
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Return to Titan One Device