Sixaxis behaving oddly? Head tilt in LittleBigPlanet

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Sixaxis behaving oddly? Head tilt in LittleBigPlanet

Postby suchipi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:03 am

Hello,

I recently bought 4 Titan Ones, to use to play the PS3 game LittleBigPlanet using Dualshock 4 controllers.

Dualshock 4 controllers are supported by the PS3 without a Titan One, but the following features don't work:

- PS Button
- Sixaxis

In LittleBigPlanet, sixaxis is used to tilt the character's head, and it's fun to use this to nod and shake your head, etc.

I want those features, so I bought four Titan Ones. Plugging a Dualshock 4 controller into the Titan One via USB and then plugging the Titan One into the PS3, everything works, but the player's head and body are permanently tilted 45ish degrees to one side, like they have a crooked spine. This looks really weird and is distracting while playing.

I tried to debug the issue by unmapping PS3_ACCX, PS3_ACCY, and PS3_ACCZ, but the character was still tilted.

So I wrote scripts that would repeatedly sweep through the full value range of PS3_ACCX, PS3_ACCY, and PS3_ACCZ (sawtooth wave). The first two made the head move as expected, but the character was still tilted. The third one, surprisingly, didn't affect head movement at all (but the character was still tilted).

So I used a third party Dualshock 3 to verify it was the controller and not the console. The character's head behaves as expected (though it's a bit shaky, because the sixaxis module in the thirdparty Dualshock 3 sucks).

I had an official Dualshock 3, and I would test with that, but I accidentally broke the silkscreen PCB off of the main PCB while repairing its analog sticks, and I can't resolder it to the board because that would melt the silkscreen :(

Upset, I started shaking the controller a ton, and the character started to tilt to the right instead of the left. But no matter how much I shake it, I can't get it to go back to the left, or to stop tilting.

I tested this on all 4 of my Titan Ones, and they all have the same issue.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
suchipi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan One Device