Convert game controller to generic HID keyboard & mouse

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Convert game controller to generic HID keyboard & mouse

Postby rybo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:04 am

Can the Titan One convert game controllers to behave as a generic USB HID keyboard and/or mouse?

I need to use a game controller in Linux on a Chromebook (Crostini). Currently, Crostini does not share gamepads with the Linux VM (https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/260278791) so it's not possible. It does, however, pass keyboard and mouse input through to Linux.

A gaming adapter seems like overkill for such a simple task but I have yet to find a simple solution. I've searched for a game controller has a keyboard/mouse mode where it would report itself as a keyboard or mouse but so far I haven't found one. I've even considered rolling my own adapter with a Raspberry Pi. Using an adapter like Titan One might be the best solution.

If it is possible, how hard is it? Is there an off-the-shelf script or plugin to make it work? Would I have to develop something custom?
rybo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Convert game controller to generic HID keyboard & mouse

Postby rybo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:53 am

I found this topic

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13195

and this

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13612

which look like exactly what I need. Will these scripts work on a Titan One? I can find Titan Ones on Amazon for about $75 but the Titan Two appears to be out of stock and used ones are going for like $500. :shocked:

P.S. Thanks @SpecialEffect for seeing a need for this in the first place!
rybo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Titan One Device