Unable to use the "Titan One"! Why? Someone help!

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Unable to use the "Titan One"! Why? Someone help!

Postby jcancel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:24 am

I tried the Titan One with my friends Xbox One. It didn't work. The problem is consistent. It seams that my unit came defective. What would I have to do to get my unit changed? It would be incredibly unfortunate if I had to wait another week to get my unit and/or have to pay for the shipping. Please let me know as soon as possible. Apart from it being a malfunction unit (which is understandable, that sort of thing can happen with any company, even more when its a small one.) I haven't encounter any other complains/problems, the forum/support response is a bit slow (quite noticeably :/) but at least I get some feedback.
jcancel
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:55 am

First, I don't want to jump straight to your T1 being defective, although that CAN happen. Have you used this on any other console successfully? Please ensure that the Output Protocol is set to either Xbox One or Automatic. That may do the trick.

If not, please ensure that you are using the correct procedure to use the Titan One on the Xbox One. A recent system update to Xbox's started making the process problematic. Here is a copy of the updated procedure:
1) Remove the batteries from your Xbox One controller. This is VITAL!!! The system update makes it so your controller connects to the Xbox wirelessly when it senses a USB disconnect.
2) Plug in the Titan One to the Xbox One
3) Plug in a USB cable from the T1 to your X1 controller
4) Manually power on the Xbox
5) After the system boots up, your controller should work fine and the T1 should display "0" on the LED

If there is a problem with the above process, please let us know in detail what is happening -- is the LED on the T1 turning on? What is displayed on the LED screen if so? If it's an error message, we can work on fixing that rather than you sending the unit back for a replacement. It could be a simple firmware mishap. If it's not working but a "0" is displayed, then you need to try a different controller. The one you were using was probably bypassing the Titan One. Again, make SURE that the batteries have been removed.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby jcancel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:00 am

When I connect the T1 to the console it starts to do the up and down animation with the 2 dots (one at bottom and one at top). When I connect the controller the bottom dot disappears but the top dot remains. When the pc cable is connected the led shows a "0" with the top dot still on. If I'm not mistaken the bot dot is the controller recognition and the top dot is the console recognition.

It seams to be having issues with connecting to the Xbox One console not the controller or the pc.

What can I do to fix this? And yes, I have already restored the firmware to its factory settings with the process explained in the tutorial form.
jcancel
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 am

Do you have the output protocol set to either automatic or Xbox One?
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:12 am

Here is what mine does when I connect it to my PS4:
PS4 is powered on all the way
I plug in the Titan One and see the circular animation of the LED screen. I see a top dot and a bottom dot.
After only 1 or 2 seconds, the top dot goes away. Circle animation still happening, bottom dot still present.
After about 5 more seconds or so, the circle animation stops and it begins to flash "A" "U". BOTH dots are showing at this time.
I take my PS4 controller that is OFF and plug it into the Titan One. The AU flashing stops and both dots disappear. A 0 is displayed on the Titan One.

Where exactly does yours deviate? Also, your Xbox One controller is powered off AND the batteries have been completely REMOVED?

EDIT -- Also, here's what the LED's indicate. http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/devic ... isplay.htm
The top LED indicates that no console is connected.
The bottom LED indicates that no controller is connected.
Since you still have the top LED on, then something is going on at the OUTPUT port. Either (1) you don't have the OUTPUT PROTOCOL set correctly in the Device Options in GTuner, (2) the Titan One was not properly seated into the USB slot on the Xbox One, or (3) you may have a bad OUTPUT port. You can easily test (1) and (2), but if you want to test (3), you will need to try a different system if you can. You should be able to set the protocol to Xbox 360 and plug it into a PC as if it were a flash drive. If the top LED disappears, then it's either (1) or (2).
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby jcancel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:28 am

I originally had mi Titan One set to XB1 but for the sake of trying it out I set it to automatic this last try.

When I connect my T1 to the Xbox One, it starts the animation with the 2 dots. I've never gotten a A or U. When I connect the controller the bot dot disappears. The top dot and the animation continues FOREVER. I only get the 0 when I connect the pc cable and I'm pretty sure that's just because the pc detected the T1. Btw, the top dot is still there when I get the 0.
jcancel
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:38 am

Ok, so it is not detecting the console. Please see the edits to my post above and see if you can determine which is the problem. You will need to make sure it is properly seated into the Xbox One. I know that UK_Wildcats_Fans had an issue with his Titan One in that it did not seat properly in the USB port. Also, if you have access to another console -- Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation -- please try the Titan One on one of those so we can see if it works there. For this, you will need to leave the OUTPUT PROTOCOL to Automatic. Also, you can plug it into a PC like a flash drive if you set the OUTPUT PROTOCOL to Xbox 360.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby jcancel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:14 am

It is definitely properly seated into the Xbox One. I already tried using it on my friends Xbox One. It's not detecting the Xbox One. I'm getting the top dot.

What do you suggest I do?
jcancel
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:26 am

Please try it on your computer with the Output Protocol set to Xbox 360. If that still shows you the top dot, then you will need to start the RMA process. Set the protocol and then plug it into a PC as if you were going to use it (just like on the Xbox).
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby jcancel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:59 am

When I connect it to my computer with the Output Protocol set to Xbox 360 I still get the top dot. When it's connected to the pc without the pc cable plugged in I get the top dot with the up and down animation. When I connect the pc cable I get the 0 with the animation.
jcancel
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Titan One Device