Xbox 1 Headphone support via controller

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: Xbox 1 Headphone support via controller

Postby whit77cali » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:37 pm

I hooked it up last night and it works great. This is obviously subjective but the Audio seems... much better then what I hear when my headphones are connected to the controller. The audio seems to have more depth and clarity I was really surprised. The audio does cut out for a sub second every now and again - not really noticeable or annoying. The sound bar still works exactly as it did before. I get audio out of both the sound bar and and headphones. I can mute the sound bar or turn it off and it doesn't affect the headphone audio at all. Now though - you have to use the game audio settings to control volume -etc. The audio settings in Destiny are pretty good - so no issues there. I didn't chat over the connect but I don't expect that to be an issue. I'll probably do that tonight. Chatting over kinect isn't a new thing you can find lots of tutorials and reviews. Having the audio restricted to your headphones will just make it a lot easier.

Connection details:
S/SPIF splitter male -> Xbox S/SPIF input
Plug Optical cable into 1 end of the splitter and other end into the Digital to Analog converter. (Note you have to switch it to S/SPIF from Coaxial - default is Coaxial)
Take your existing optical cable (that goes to your sound bar or whatever) and plug it into other end of the splitter.
The converter has a 2mm mini-phono jack female input - so you can just plug your headphones directly into that. I purchased an extension cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y86GsfUAtdg
Attachments
IMG_0845 (1).JPG
My headphones
IMG_0845 (1).JPG (101.43 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
IMG_0844 (1).JPG
Connection to Xbox
IMG_0844 (1).JPG (80.45 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
IMG_0842 (1).JPG
S/PDIF splitter and D2A converter - Monopoly money there to add scale
IMG_0842 (1).JPG (81.47 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
whit77cali
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:22 am

Thank you whit77cali for sharing your findings and for the great post. I'm sure it will be helpful for many users.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UnTouchable » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:13 pm

whit77cali wrote:I hooked it up last night and it works great. This is obviously subjective but the Audio seems... much better then what I hear when my headphones are connected to the controller. The audio seems to have more depth and clarity I was really surprised. The audio does cut out for a sub second every now and again - not really noticeable or annoying. The sound bar still works exactly as it did before. I get audio out of both the sound bar and and headphones. I can mute the sound bar or turn it off and it doesn't affect the headphone audio at all. Now though - you have to use the game audio settings to control volume -etc. The audio settings in Destiny are pretty good - so no issues there. I didn't chat over the connect but I don't expect that to be an issue. I'll probably do that tonight. Chatting over kinect isn't a new thing you can find lots of tutorials and reviews. Having the audio restricted to your headphones will just make it a lot easier.

Connection details:
S/SPIF splitter male -> Xbox S/SPIF input
Plug Optical cable into 1 end of the splitter and other end into the Digital to Analog converter. (Note you have to switch it to S/SPIF from Coaxial - default is Coaxial)
Take your existing optical cable (that goes to your sound bar or whatever) and plug it into other end of the splitter.
The converter has a 2mm mini-phono jack female input - so you can just plug your headphones directly into that. I purchased an extension cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y86GsfUAtdg

So using this method can you use you're microphone on your headset?
UnTouchable
Corporal
Corporal

Postby whit77cali » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 pm

No. You need to use Kinect to talk into. When T2 comes out, it will support this.
whit77cali
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby UnTouchable » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:44 am

It needs to hurry up and come out lmao
UnTouchable
Corporal
Corporal

Previous

Return to Titan One Device