Titan One Support Arduino Leo Request

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One Support Arduino Leo Request

Postby Graham Law » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Dear Titan One developer (Jefferson K?)

I’ve been working for a couple of years now as a hobby developing a system to help extremely disabled (potential) games players, play games consoles. It is my electronics & hardware & for the USB interface I’m using a Arduino Leonardo, which has been fine as a basic HID to a PC and can then patch through the PC to the Titan One.

However this is quite clumsy for end users to try and configure and most will not go for this hybrid solution. They want to plug and play straight into their console (with just Titan One between would be fine).

It would be fantastic if the Titan One could accept the Leonardo as say a standard PS3 controller which I believe I can emulate. But the Titan One rejects this with an ‘E’. My suspicion is the associated serial link that the Leonardo wants to establish for its IDE is causing this incompatibility but I may be wrong.

This potential product called a MoJo (Modular Joystick) offers such benefit to those that are otherwise trapped with near total paralysis is so tantalisingly close to working if only this step could be overcome.

Have a look at an early prototype working a simple game on a PC earlier this year. This first user (& only) Giles has gone on to play full blown games to conclusion yet you will struggle to see his fingers move at all…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUeL8JUp_yk

I’ve just got the website up for the product at http://www.celticmagic.org if you want to see more.

Your help would be greatly appreciated for what I hope you will see as worthy cause.

Best wishes
Graham Law
Celtic Magic
Graham Law
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Titan One Support Arduino Leo Request

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:35 am

Hello. this is a really great project. I'll be more than glad in help.

Probably we can make the your device work with the Titan One with some simple changes in the USB device descriptor and/or HID report descriptor. Please post this said descriptors here, so I can check it! Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Graham Law » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks for the offer J2Kbr

I have been using a PC generic joystick HID running on the Leonardo and this has been great but I've recently had a small compatibility issue with this as the Arduino IDE has been improved :-/ . Let me bottom that out and come back to you with the descriptor when it works again. This would be my preferred Titan One input standard as it is readily recognised by the PC as a Direct input.

I also have a PS3 compatible version from another source but its not fully sorted yet and is not as readily recognised by a PC without third party drivers.

Let me come back to you in a few days when Ive got working HID again for the Direct input joystick if that's ok.

Do you have access to a Arduino Leonardo to test the Titan One against?

I can supply if necessary.

Thanks again
Graham
Graham Law
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Graham Law wrote: Let me come back to you in a few days when Ive got working HID again for the Direct input joystick if that's ok.

Totally okay. :) Looking forward for it.

Graham Law wrote:Do you have access to a Arduino Leonardo to test the Titan One against? I can supply if necessary.

No, I don't have access to Arduino Leonardo, unfortunately. I live in Brazil, if it is convenient to you ship to me, I accept you offer! :) Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Graham Law » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Looking out the window right now in England makes a warm Brazil a lovely prospect.

Send your postal address to me at:

[email protected]

and Ill sort that out.

Probably after next w/e and Ill get some working code blown onto it mimicking a live joystick.

cheers
Graham
Graham Law
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Graham Law wrote:Looking out the window right now in England makes a warm Brazil a lovely prospect.

:innocent_smile_1: :joia: :joia:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby mnasir » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:08 am

Hey,
I have been trying something of same kind. But i am not able to detect arduino as contorller on T1. It has been showing up as Joystick at my PC. But when I am trying to connect it to T1 then no device shows up at device monitor. I am using Arduino IDE 1.6.6 ,latest firmware for Titan one and also latest version of Gtuner. I shall be grateful if you can guide me.

Thanks
mnasir
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Some recent update on Arduino code broke the support for this device on the Titan One. Updates on the Titan TWO firmware were already made to support the new Arduino code and soon I should be doing the same for the Titan ONE. Thanks for reporting.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby zenko » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:46 am

Hi - did the patch ever arrive for Titan one? I have a rather elaborate DIY custom controller, that I've managed to hook up to a PC using the ArduinoJoystickLibrary here: https://github.com/MHeironimus/ArduinoJoystickLibrary.

It's plug and play for the PC, but Titan one doesn't recognize it. Any advice?
zenko
Private
Private

Return to Titan One Device