Titan one not working with xbox one

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan one not working with xbox one

Postby MoldyChip » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:42 pm

I've used the titan one before on my xbox one to play it with my 360 controller. But ever since xbox one's latest update, I haven't been able to get the titan one to work. All it does is blink e repeatedly. Which makes no sense because it's the same controller I've used over and over before. I've done everything I could think of. I put it into P mode then did the firmware update again. G-tuner is up-to-date. In the options I put the output protocol to xb1. I've unplugged my xbox one, plugged in the titan one, plugged the power back into the xbox one then connected my controller to the xbox one. Nothing happens, doesn't power on the xbox one; i've held the power button on the controller to see if it'll connect but it just shuts off. Then if I remove the titan one then plug it back in, it starts blinking e. If I already have the xbox one controller already plugged into the titan one before, then plug the power back into the xbox one, it automatically starts blinking e. I have 2 xbox one controllers, and I've done this to both of them, titan one is still blinking e.
MoldyChip
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Titan one not working with xbox one

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:11 pm

When the device shows E on display usually means some error occurred. Normally the letter E is shown along with a number, for example E1, E2, E3, etc, the number is the error code. To better assist you please let me know what is the error code shown in your device.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby MoldyChip » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:11 pm

I know, It only blinks e. I've watched it for blink for a couple minutes. I used a micro-usb that's not for the xbox one controller to see if it would be different. It would blink e, then e1, I go back to xbox ones micro-usb (which I've always used) and it only blinks e, no other number. I thought maybe the cord might be the problem, cause their's a chance the cord could become faulty. But it still charges the xbox one controllers batteries, so it still functions properly.
MoldyChip
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:05 am

Yes, by our experience so far the usb cable is the most common cause of problems. If you can test with another one it would be good for troubleshooting the problem. Explaining the errors shown in the device display:

3 lines like this ≡ does not means error. It is a indication that the device is being operated by a plugin.
A blinking E means the device connected into the Titan One is not supported.
E1 means hardware error, usually in this case the device must be replaced.
E2 is security error, usually related with clone devices
E3 is more rare and means software error (eg buffer overflow).
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby MoldyChip » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:07 am

I don't know how the device isn't supported. I've tried 4 different usb cables and 2 different microsoft xbox one controllers. Still indicates that the device isn't supported. I've used the controller before and now it's not working. I don't know if others are experiencing the same issue as I am since the recent xbox one update.
MoldyChip
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:06 am

MoldyChip wrote:I don't know how the device isn't supported. I've tried 4 different usb cables and 2 different microsoft xbox one controllers. Still indicates that the device isn't supported. I've used the controller before and now it's not working. I don't know if others are experiencing the same issue as I am since the recent xbox one update.

Could you do a little video showing the Titan One's display when you connect the controller? It would help me better understand your issue. You can upload on dropbox.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby MoldyChip » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:25 am

I know this is really late reply. I essentially gave up during this period. I came back to try and see if I can fix it, and I found out that the xbox one controller can be updated. -_- was my face. I updated it and it started reading it. My only problem now is I think it overheats (stops working about an hour in), so I was thinking about buying a usb extender and seeing if keeping it away from the xbox one will help it stay cool.
MoldyChip
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:50 am

Thank you for updating this topic and sharing your findings.

I regards the overheating, it really shouldn't be a problem. The Titan One gets a littler warm, around 35 to 45 °C, but it does not cause any damage to the device and definitively it shouldn't make the device stop of working. I have my titan One basically 24x7 connected and working.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device