upgrade the last of us gamepack

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Re: upgrade the last of us gamepack

Postby xavante » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:20 am

I'm currently using the ps4 with l1/r1 as my settings. However I honestly wouldn't know how to insert a custom script to work with the game pack that the Titan one comes with as well. Is it a simple copy/paste job or would I need to learn some basics on programming the Titan one?
xavante
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby tavikki » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi.

I tested an option by using the blocks to make a fast script to switch the d-pad right button with the L3, this made me switch weapon so fast that i could use the rifle/revolver combo superfast. The problem for me is that i cant add this script to the gamepack so it is useless for me since i use the gamepack. If u guys can add this option to B/T switch when u add features i think many will have the use for it.

This also removes the annoying issue to press the L3 by misstake and salute in the middle of a cat fight. Also all honores to you guys for making the gamepack, it is cool to be more competative as a newbie with all the skilled gamers out there
tavikki
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby tavikki » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:58 pm

xavante wrote:I'm currently using the ps4 with l1/r1 as my settings. However I honestly wouldn't know how to insert a custom script to work with the game pack that the Titan one comes with as well. Is it a simple copy/paste job or would I need to learn some basics on programming the Titan one?

I can try playing with the building blocks to make small scripts to test. It is super easy to play with. Just like lego
tavikki
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:20 am

@xavante,

I have made a short custom script that should do what you want. It will fire the frontier rifle and then switch to the revolver and fire it as soon as the game will allow. This is about 3/4 of a second, so it's kind of long, but trust me -- it is as fast as possible. After the switch, it will automatically enable rapid fire for the revolver.

To use, you MUST push LEFT on the d-pad before it will activate the fire-switch-fire mod. If you don't push LEFT on the dpad (to select the Frontier Rifle), then this will only have rapid fire enabled. I think this is the best that the script can be written, based on some of my previous experience using a glitch with the Frontier Rifle, Hunting Rifle, and Shorty.

Please evaluate this and let me know what you think. We have plenty of room to add this to the gamepack.

Code: Select all
define AIM = PS4_L1;
define FIRE = PS4_R1;
define PRIMARY_WEAPON = PS4_LEFT;
define SECONDARY_WEAPON = PS4_RIGHT;

int EnableON;

main {
    if (event_press(PRIMARY_WEAPON)) EnableON = TRUE;
    if (event_press(SECONDARY_WEAPON) ||
        event_press(PS4_DOWN) ||
        event_press(PS4_UP)) EnableON = FALSE;
    if (get_val(AIM) && get_val(FIRE)) {
        if (EnableON) {
            set_val(FIRE, 0);
            combo_run(cCustomFire);
        }
        else {
            set_val(FIRE, 0);
            combo_run(cRapidFire);
        }
    }
}

combo cCustomFire {
    set_val(FIRE, 100);
    wait(30);
    wait(20);
    set_val(SECONDARY_WEAPON, 100);
    wait(30);
    wait(770);
    set_val(FIRE, 100);
    wait(30);
    EnableON = FALSE;
    wait(20);
}

combo cRapidFire {
    set_val(FIRE, 100);
    wait(30);
    wait(20);
}
ConsoleTuner Support Team
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:23 am

@tavikki,

You would like to have the L3 button remapped to the dpad RIGHT button? We should have room for that in the gamepack as well. Once I get a response from @xavante, I will work on coding these into the gamepack for you both. You will have to select these as particular options in the gamepack configuration.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby xavante » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:19 am

Just went ahead and tested it for some time, wow I must say it is a VERY good script, thank you! But I have seen what you mean by it possibly being annoying, and the biggest problem with it is the fact that the recoil does not naturally reset after the frontier is fired. I thought of a solution however; through the anti recoil option you guys have available on your gamepack! :D my only issue now is that I press r1 far too early before my frontiers targeting reticle even comes up, causing my frontier rifle to never even fire in the first place and immediately switch to the revolver lol! but that's something that can be mended through practice, unless its possible that a very slight delay can be implemented to prevent a preemptive 'misfire'?
xavante
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:55 am

I originally had a delay in there but it wasn't programmed to the amount of time the aim button was pressed. I had it occurring every time and it would delay the shots that you were already aiming in for. I have an idea on how to implement a delay correctly. I can do that when I have some more time. That should help make this a little more effective and possibly less annoying.

For the anti recoil, I was going to add some in myself, but this is rather complicated in that this varies depending on whether or not you're inverted and also what in-game sensitivity you're using. For those reasons, it makes it really tough to correctly implement. Additionally, I think the recoil for the frontier rifle changes with each upgrade. I would say practice makes perfect for this particular downside. Perhaps a slight delay in the switch to revolver will alleviate the recoil. It would be slower but may become more accurate, which may be a better choice.

I'll add in a timer that makes sure you've aimed for long enough. I have something for this already and just need to build it into this. Also, if you're only using a couple of the things from the gamepack, a custom script may be easier. What mods are you using?
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby tavikki » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Yeah, thats right, dpad right for L3 so that weapon switching from big gun to hand gun goes smooth without letting the stick go. Im pretty sure that @xavante also will find this option very nice because we can switch weapon while we aim. Also when i tried it, it switched fast enough so that i did not need to re aim, the aim was already there from the rifle shoot.

Is it much work to add the auto reload feature as well, meaning that the weapon reloads when aiming stops?
tavikki
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby xavante » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:13 pm

I had a reply ready to go but unfortunately my phone refreshed the page, agh. In any case, I think that the script that you have made already is awesome! I agree with just a slight delay to firing when the frontier is initially aimed though, it'd help prevent any premature weapon switching. As for slowing the combo down for more accuracy though, I would have to disagree mostly due to the fact of how important it is to complete the combo quickly to down enemies (especially those wielding more dangerous guns like the hr or tac shotty). The anti recoil feature in the game pack serves to remedy this very well as I've found! Also I tend not to upgrade my weapons beyond level 1 due to the cost of the level 2 upgrades usually being high. My sensitivity is set to default (7) and no inverted sticks used. The mods I use auto fire with optimized rapid fire, auto melee, auto Shiv (triangle, also is there a way to separately script a remap of r3 to triangle for Shiv players? It would mean that there would also need to be a remap of the auto spot script too right?), auto spot, ps4 l1/r1 button switch and anti recoil set depending on my weapon used.
xavante
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:10 am

tavikki wrote:Yeah, thats right, dpad right for L3 so that weapon switching from big gun to hand gun goes smooth without letting the stick go. Im pretty sure that @xavante also will find this option very nice because we can switch weapon while we aim. Also when i tried it, it switched fast enough so that i did not need to re aim, the aim was already there from the rifle shoot.

Is it much work to add the auto reload feature as well, meaning that the weapon reloads when aiming stops?

@tavikki,

For the automatic reload, I can see a problem with a few various scenarios. Basically, when you stop holding L2 (or L1, depending on your control setup) for aiming, you would like to have your character automatically hit R2 to reload. Imagine that you are aiming a molotov, a nail bomb, or a smoke bomb. If you decide not to throw and release L2, the script will automatically throw it without aiming. This would waste your bombs by placing them as mines and will most likely result in you killing yourself with the molotov and smoking yourself with the smoke bomb.

Personally, I would not want this mod as I think it would be more trouble than what it's worth. That being said, you can easily program this and probably set it up to only do the reload if the last dpad button you pressed was LEFT or RIGHT. Try the following custom script out to see if it works for you. Also, I've included the L3 remap to dpad RIGHT.

Code: Select all
define AIM = PS4_L2;
define FIRE = PS4_R2;
define PRIMARY_WEAPON = PS4_LEFT;
define SECONDARY_WEAPON = PS4_RIGHT;

int EnableON;

remap PS4_L3 -> PS4_RIGHT;

main {
    if (event_press(PRIMARY_WEAPON) || event_press(SECONDARY_WEAPON)) EnableON = TRUE;
    if (event_press(PS4_DOWN) || event_press(PS4_UP)) EnableON = FALSE;
    if (EnableON && event_release(AIM)) combo_run(cReload);
}

combo cReload {
    wait(50);
    set_val(AIM, 0);
    set_val(FIRE, 100);
    wait(30);
    wait(20);
}

Cheers!