ps4 controller on ps4 bluetooth

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

ps4 controller on ps4 bluetooth

Postby miichael » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:26 am

i just got my titan one and the ps4 controller works great on ps4 with it wired. i hooked up bluetooth and set the settings for ps4 wireless mode and the controller works great if i am right in front of the ps4 but when im on the couch 12 foot away i get lag. its not terrible but its enough to make it unplayable for me. i messed with the settings and still acts like it wont work good unless im closer to the bluetooth adapter. i am using this adapter. Is this the one hat is recommended or is there a better adapter out there?

SoundBot SB340 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Universal Plug and Play Dongle Class 2 Transmitter Compatible with Windows WIN8, WIN7, Vista 2003, XP 2000, Me 32/64 Bit and Wireless USB 2.4GHz
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F25Z0FS

works good 6 feet or closer but 8-12ft away it lags
miichael
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: ps4 controller on ps4 bluetooth

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:41 am

miichael wrote:i am using this adapter. Is this the one hat is recommended or is there a better adapter out there?

I am recommending the old models 2.1 EDR, as those are the ones I use.
for reference my couch is about 7ft from the console.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby miichael » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:30 pm

so yours works good farther than 7 feet? i done ordered a 15ft cable but i would love to have it wireless if i can get a adapter that works good at 12 feet
miichael
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby UK_Wildcats » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 pm

People get varying results which is dependent upon the specific RF devices and possible interference in each setup.

I have A LOT of RF devices in my house. I have tried various 2.1 and 4.0 EDR bluetooth dongles and did not have much success unless they are within 1-2 feet. The 4.0 EDR have energy savings options which drops the range on them; therefore, you will get better range from a 2.1 EDR dongle.

Another option would be to get a USB extension cable that way you can move the bluetooth dongle close while still being wireless.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Titan One Device