Gamers with disabilities

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Gamers with disabilities

Postby shadowcatt » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:32 am

Using the Titan One to help a person with disabilities play XBOX ONE (and 360, ps3,4)

I just thought I'd write a post that may help other disabled people get back into gaming. I'm a c5/6 quadriplegic which basically means I can move my arms but have no finger function. Using a standard controller is nearly impossible.

Computer options are easy to adapt.
I use a combination of a head controlled mouse and a home built controller. It's basically an extra large controller with big arcade style buttons and a few joysticks. It makes it so my hand can hit one or a combination of buttons. On the PC it is very easy to map the controller to keyboard presses using a program called joy to key.

Now on XBOX ONE things are not so simple UNTIL the Titan One with max aim.

I've tested with multiple devices and have had excellent results.
Now I can use a headmouse to control the right stick.
I have used both the smartnav 4 and more recently the Kinesic mouse that uses a Kinect sensor hooked to PC to track head and face movements.
I then map the other Xbox buttons to my joystick. I use Joytokey to map all my buttons to keyboard presses then map the keyboard keys to an xbox controller with max aim.
The great thing is I can remap the most used buttons to the easiest ones for me to use.
For a game like The Crew or NFS I steer with the left stick and map gas brake and nitro to a right stick (up gas down brake Left mapped to gas and nitro combined) then I do not have to quickly fumble for the other buttons, hands can stay on the sticks.
Using the Titan one I have played through all the Halo games, Destiny, Batman etc.
I would love to assist any other disabled gamer with this. I’m planning to make a short video.
shadowcatt
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Gamers with disabilities

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:28 am

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Titan One and for being willing to assist other disabled gamer. We do have many disabled gamers using the Titan One, perhaps it would be a good idea create a special section in our forums for this subject. Looking forward to watch your video!! :)

PS.: The latest firmware update added support for arduino leonardo and mojo.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Graham Law » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:05 pm

How cool that - well done look forward to the video.

My name is Graham (don't do nicks) as a hobby designed the MoJo system J2Kbr mentioned. So a we bit of clarification for you...

It is a hypersensitive modular system to pick up TINY movements of fingers etc inc breath).

It uses a Arduino Leonardo to emulate a joystick and suport for that was introduced at the last T1 update. (Thanks Jefferson)

I have being playing with updating the MoJo firmware over the xmas period to suit the T1 and tried the MoJo + T1 combination with a severely disabled lad on a PS4 playing FIFA 2016 a couple of days ago. (confession - big mistake I didn't video it) Tiny movements possible from his thumbs only .

It has HUGELY satisfying for me as when I set it up within 30 secs he wasn't just playing the game but had enough confidence to set it up with his team / strips etc himself to do it all properly. I'm sure Jefferson will read this I meant to update you anyway so a big thanks again.

I now need to get into programming the T1 a bit better to unlock more possibilities.

You can see the MoJo at http://www.celticmagic.org if your interested.

Like the idea of a disabled user section, the knowledge is out there but hard to find it in one place.

And a T1 could be at the centre of many different solution.

Keep up the good work and share your findings.

cheers
Graham
Graham Law
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:35 pm

Thank you Graham for your input here and for your awesome work!! :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device