Another wont authenticate xbox one controller to xbox one

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Another wont authenticate xbox one controller to xbox one

Postby spectre86 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:21 am

Having trouble getting it to authenticate. Using the oringal XB1 controller with my XB1

Tried this
http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/conne ... ox_one.htm

and this.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=837

then go to tools-options-device, ensure all speed up settings are disabled(these settings don't save until you close the window). Also set output to XB1. then unplug from PC, plug the male usb end of the titan one into your XB1 with it powered off. Turn the XB1 on with the power button, then plug the XB1 controller into the Titan without turning it on, let the Titan One turn it on. it should flash A U for 5 seconds or so and then show a "0"

Mine just stays flashing AU. I did 2 screen shots to show the setting.

wasnt sure if this was needed since I wasnt changing controller. But I did it just incase. Even though it didnt work either way.

once thats done, I program it to the device. Once I plug it into the USB directly on my XB1 (no cord) it just keeps flashing AU. Done it with the batteries out, console off, console on, etc controller never powers up plugged into the titan 1, just keeps flashing AU

Any help guys?
spectre86
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Another wont authenticate xbox one controller to xbox on

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:43 pm

After you plug the device on the console and the controller to the Titan One (with the usb cord), please let me know what is shown in the device's display (AU, an up-and-down animation?) and also the state of the top and bottom dot (the dots are on or off)?
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby spectre86 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:29 am

Heres a picture. It changes from A, to U. none of the dots in the corners change and nothing else changes. The controller vibrates slightly when I plug it in. Iv tried all combos. Xbox off/on, controller off/on. Xbox controller never turns on by itself and the titan 1 never stops flashing between A and U

spectre86
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:24 pm

thanks for posting the pic. Note that the controller is off. The Titan One is not being able to connect to it. This can be cause by:

(1) The cable that connected the Titan One on the controller is bad.
(2) The micro-USB connector on the controller is defective
(3) This USB input port of the Titan One is defective.

My first suggestion is is try another micro-usb cable, if didn't work, try any other controller such wired xbox 360 controller, ps3 controller, etc.

Please keep me updated about the results.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby spectre86 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:33 pm

J2Kbr wrote:thanks for posting the pic. Note that the controller is off. The Titan One is not being able to connect to it. This can be cause by:

(1) The cable that connected the Titan One on the controller is bad.
(2) The micro-USB connector on the controller is defective
(3) This USB input port of the Titan One is defective.

My first suggestion is is try another micro-usb cable, if didn't work, try any other controller such wired xbox 360 controller, ps3 controller, etc.

Please keep me updated about the results.

1). Possible. Ill pick up another. It works fine charging my phone and MP3 player though?
2). Long shot. I bought my xb1 in November. Its still pretty new. haven't even dropped the controller yet. or threw it lol.
3). Possible. I honestly bought it because I have always been a Playstation fan. Sold my ps4 early last year and bought an xb1 in November. I hated the 1st xbox controller and 360. I actually bought the titan 1 when I bought my xb1 for just using a ps4 controller on it. but the xb1 controller isn't bad at all and I actually like it.

Decided to try it just for the rapid fire and quick scope in call of duty. but im having this issue. Helping a friend move tomorrow, so I might not be back on here for another day or 2. But ill pick up a new cable first.

btw, the titan one wouldn't connect with the controller both with the controller on or off. Based on the quote I read and posted in my OP, I assumed the controller would power on when the titan 1 would link to it. and the controller vibrated when I plugged it in, so I assumed the port on the controller/usb cable was good.
spectre86
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:52 pm

spectre86 wrote:Based on the quote I read and posted in my OP, I assumed the controller would power on when the titan 1 would link to it. and the controller vibrated when I plugged it in, so I assumed the port on the controller/usb cable was good.

Correct. The controller should automatically turn on and vibrate as soon you connect it to the Titan One.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby spectre86 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:46 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
spectre86 wrote:Based on the quote I read and posted in my OP, I assumed the controller would power on when the titan 1 would link to it. and the controller vibrated when I plugged it in, so I assumed the port on the controller/usb cable was good.

Correct. The controller should automatically turn on and vibrate as soon you connect it to the Titan One.

that worked. Thanks again man!
spectre86
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:16 am

you are welcome!! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device