Plugging PS4 Controller into PS3 Breaks Titan One?

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Plugging PS4 Controller into PS3 Breaks Titan One?

Postby BohaZard » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:47 am

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could possibly help me with an issue on my Titan One. I've read up on all the guides on how to reset it and gtuner settings but nothing works. Before I plugged my PS4 controller into it, it worked just fine but now all it does is flash "AU" and has two dots and that's all it does. Both controllers are also wired. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it!
BohaZard
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Plugging PS4 Controller into PS3 Breaks Titan One?

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:56 am

BohaZard wrote:Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could possibly help me with an issue on my Titan One. I've read up on all the guides on how to reset it and gtuner settings but nothing works. Before I plugged my PS4 controller into it, it worked just fine but now all it does is flash "AU" and has two dots and that's all it does. Both controllers are also wired. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it!

AU means the Titan One is waiting authorization from the consoles original controller code. Try plugging a PS3 controller in, wait for the Titan One to display "0" then plug in the ps4 controller or bluetooth dongle. Also be sure Gtuner Output settings are set to PS3 or AUTO. Let me know if this helps. :innocent_smile_1:
"We always start with completing the difficult. It just takes us a little longer to do the impossible."
Console Tuner Support Team®
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby BohaZard » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:08 pm

I tried that and it still didn't work. I even tried resetting it and it still didn't work. All it does is flash AU even with a PS3 controller plugged into it. Even when plugged into the computer. (Not sure if that's normal) Also when held down physically it gives me an "E" but the controller still lights up and reads as player 1, it just doesn't move. I have the 2.5 TE firmware.
BohaZard
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:28 am

For trouble shooting, first re-flash your device with a regular firmware (not eh TE version). Please connect your device on PC, open Gtuner and go to menu Tools -> Options. Select the last page (Titan One TE), uncheck the Tournament Edition and close the options windows. At this point Gtuner will ask to update the firmware.

Using the Titan One on PS3 there is no authentication. Check if the output protocol is set to AUTOMATIC or PS3, this configuration is under the Device tab in the same configuration windows described above.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby BohaZard » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:02 pm

I did both of those things and it still just flashes "AU".
BohaZard
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:42 pm

BohaZard wrote:I did both of those things and it still just flashes "AU".

This is very unusual, just confirming. you are plugging the Titan One on PS3 console and getting AU? The PS3 does not have any authentication procedure, it shouldn't give you AU.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device