Upgraded my T1, experienced some very unusual behavior...

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Upgraded my T1, experienced some very unusual behavior...

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:44 am

I only use the T1 for the Easy Sprint script, that's literally it. I use it with the XIM4.

Just to be clear, I hadn't updated my XIM4 in a while. The only thing that had been updated was my T1 so I was confident this is where the problem was.

Anyway I booted up my XB1 today and it just didn't work. I tried:

1) Deleting and adding the Easy Sprint script again
2) Changing the script variables to lower the amount I had to push the stick (maybe my sticks were getting worn out)
3) Trying another controller
4) Changing all the cables
5) Hard rebooting the XB1

Nothing worked.

Now before I continue I should say that I was using a PS4 script across all my consoles because it's the highest common denominator (the most buttons, touchpad etc). So out of desperation I created an XB1 specific script to see if that would fix it.

Here's my current script:

Code: Select all
define ADS_BUTTON    = PS4_R2;
define SPRINT_BUTTON = PS4_L3;
define MOV_Y_AXIS    = PS4_LY;

main...

And then I created a second XB1 specific script:

define ADS_BUTTON    = XB1_RT;
define SPRINT_BUTTON = XB1_LS;
define MOV_Y_AXIS    = XB1_LY;

main...

And it worked!

So I assumed that the latest T1 update must have messed up the button designators.

To test this, I tried using the XB1 script on my PS4. If my theory was correct, it wouldn't work. You'd have to use the PS4 script on a PS4, and an XB1 script on an XB1. To my surprise, I was wrong. While the PS4 script didn't work on the XB1, the XB1 script DID work on my PS4.

So the button designators weren't affected.

Everything works now and I'm happy, but I'm also very confused. Why do I need to use XB1 designators now to get this working on XB1? Prior to the latest update, I was able to use PS4 across all consoles? I'd like to go back to using a single script...my setup is complicated enough as it is. T1, XIM4, 4 switches, 3 consoles and a soundbar. You need a flow chart now just to turn on one console to begin playing a game!
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Upgraded my T1, experienced some very unusual behavior..

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:10 pm

this is very strange, indeed. The last update didn't change any button designator. To check what you described I made this simple script:

main {
    set_val(TRACE_1, PS4_R2);
    set_val(TRACE_2, XB1_RT);

set_val(TRACE_3, PS4_L3);
    set_val(TRACE_4, XB1_LS);

set_val(TRACE_5, PS4_LY);
    set_val(TRACE_6, XB1_LY);
}

And I am getting the same index for the equivalent button designator, as can be checked on the TRACE_* fields. Please let me know your results with this script.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:12 am

J2Kbr wrote:this is very strange, indeed. The last update didn't change any button designator. To check what you described I made this simple script:

main {
    set_val(TRACE_1, PS4_R2);
    set_val(TRACE_2, XB1_RT);

set_val(TRACE_3, PS4_L3);
    set_val(TRACE_4, XB1_LS);

set_val(TRACE_5, PS4_LY);
    set_val(TRACE_6, XB1_LY);
}

And I am getting the same index for the equivalent button designator, as can be checked on the TRACE_* fields. Please let me know your results with this script.

No problems, although can you tell me what to do. I load up this script, and then what next? I assume I just mash the buttons and then it writes to a log file which I can empty out for you to examine?
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:26 am

I am sorry for not being clear enough. Open the script on a empty compiler file and click on the button "Build and Run". After that open the Device Monitor and check the fields TRACE_*, each pair (eg. TRACE_1 and TRACE_2; TRACE_3 and TRACE_4; TRACE_5 and TRACE_6) shoule show the same number, meaning the button designator is the same.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Ok here's what I have. The pairings are the same...this is so weird.

pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:40 pm

okay, thanks for testing. this is the expected results. The issue must be something else then, or on the input device, or some settings on the console/game.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UK_Wildcats » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:46 pm

After the update, my scripts were not working as they previously did either. Certain button combinations were not working as they previously did including auto sprint.

Here is what I had to do in order to get them working again. It may not be related to what you are experiencing, but it is worth trying to see if it does anything.

1. Connect Titan 1 to computer via PC Prog Port
2. From Gtuner Programmer tab, check all the selections on the right of each memory slot
3. With all slots selected, press the delete button (trash can) on the top right
4. Now select Tools - Device Clean up
5. You should now be able to load back your scripts and try it again
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Titan One Device