Not able to use xbox one controller on PS4 without problems

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Not able to use xbox one controller on PS4 without problems

Postby ioaleadi » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:29 am

I have been using my xbox one controller with PS4 a few times and I do not know if I'm missing something or what is happening.

If i activate " Enable Ps4 partial crossover support" device disconnects every 8- 10 minutes as expected. Playing BO3 on PS4 with my wired xbox one is OK but sometimes it just pause your game in the middle of a fight situation and it's a bit frustrating.

I thought that it is supposed to work properly with a wired ps4 and a wired xbox one controller without needing to stop every 10 minutes but I’m unable to understand how and I was not able to find the steps and configuration required.

First I unchecked the Enable Ps4 partial crossover support and I have output protocol set to PS4

then I turn on ps4 with titan one and A U letters appear, if I plug my ps4 controller then everything is Ok as 0 is shown, but I do not want to use my ps4 controller, so I put my wired ps4 controller on the other ps4 usb slot and then my xbox one wired controller in the titan one. A U sequence is shown but I’m able to use it it for a few minutes but suddenly the controller stops working and only conecting a PS4 controller again in the titan one will solve it.

So… is there any configuration, way of using wired xbox one with ps4 without disconecting/autentifcation issues or the only option is to activate the “Enable Ps4 partial crossover support" ?

thanks in advance
ioaleadi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Not able to use xbox one controller on PS4 without probl

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:15 am

ioaleadi wrote:then I turn on ps4 with titan one and A U letters appear, if I plug my ps4 controller then everything is Ok as 0 is shown,

When using a licensed PS4 controller there is not need for the "PS4 partial crossover support", as the controller will be used to reply the authentication requests from the console.

ioaleadi wrote:but I do not want to use my ps4 controller,

In this case you must enable the option "PS4 partial crossover support".

ioaleadi wrote:so I put my wired ps4 controller on the other ps4 usb slot and then my xbox one wired controller in the titan one. A U sequence is shown but I’m able to use it it for a few minutes but suddenly the controller stops working and only conecting a PS4 controller again in the titan one will solve it.

Connecting the PS4 controller on the other USB -unfortunately- does not helps.

ioaleadi wrote:So… is there any configuration, way of using wired xbox one with ps4 without disconecting/autentifcation issues or the only option is to activate the “Enable Ps4 partial crossover support" ?

Alternatively, you can use the MaxAim DI plugin to crossover play on PS4 (eg use Xbox One controller on PS4), with no worries about reconnection, however this approach requires you to have a PC near to the PS4. The MaxAim DI captures the inputs from the Xbox One controller connected on PC, converts these inputs according to layout you made and, through the Titan One device, it sends your commands to console.

For example, the connections required to use on PS4:

(1) Titan One on PS4
(2) Titan One on PC (mini-USB cable)
(3) PS4 controller on Titan One (for authentication)
(4) Your Xbox One controller on PC
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby lorenzostolk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:16 am

Last edited by lorenzostolk on Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lorenzostolk
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:19 am

@lorenzostolk, I've just replied you here: viewtopic.php?p=22244#p22244
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device