Titan One Input to PS4 Freeze

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One Input to PS4 Freeze

Postby DaddyB-Memo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:53 am

Here's an odd one: while running the Titan One to connect a Wiimote to a PS4, I will get occasional freezing of the input from the Titan One to the PS4. If I have my PC connected with Device Monitor running, I can tell that -- while frozen -- the Titan One is receiving all inputs from the Wiimote and running my script perfectly; however, the PS4 will stop reading my button press and leave me Wiimote-spinning endlessly until I unplug the Titan One, re-insert it, and re-do the Wiimote discovery.

Generally speaking, the normal PS4 re-authenticate cycle works just fine -- sometimes for a few hours straight with no issue. Occasionally, though, I'll get the freezing one or two times within 30 minutes.

I've got the speed-up settings matched to recommendations, as far as I can tell. Anybody have an idea of what's hosing this up?
DaddyB-Memo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Titan One Input to PS4 Freeze

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:56 am

Thank you for reporting that. The issue seems to be related with the PS4 authentication. When the device freezes, if you left it connected on PS4, it eventually recovers?

In addition, as you are not using the PS4 controller, please try disable all speed-up settings (for troubleshooting).

Thanks
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby mjfame » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 am

DaddyB-Memo wrote:Here's an odd one: while running the Titan One to connect a Wiimote to a PS4, I will get occasional freezing of the input from the Titan One to the PS4. If I have my PC connected with Device Monitor running, I can tell that -- while frozen -- the Titan One is receiving all inputs from the Wiimote and running my script perfectly; however, the PS4 will stop reading my button press and leave me Wiimote-spinning endlessly until I unplug the Titan One, re-insert it, and re-do the Wiimote discovery.

Generally speaking, the normal PS4 re-authenticate cycle works just fine -- sometimes for a few hours straight with no issue. Occasionally, though, I'll get the freezing one or two times within 30 minutes.

I've got the speed-up settings matched to recommendations, as far as I can tell. Anybody have an idea of what's hosing this up?

Sounds like your using your Wiimote with a BT receiver plugged directly into the device, after performing authentication. If this is the case, first, make certain that you have the "Enable PS4 partial crossover support" option CHECKED and you might, also, want to, manually, set the "Output Protocol" to "PS4", if you haven't, already, done so.
Otherwise, my guess would be that the BT receiver is causing the conflict.. A widely-recomended BT receiver, for problem-free, Wiimote pairing and operation (and, also, DS4) with Windows, etc. is any "Bluetooth CSR 4.0 Dongle (CSR 8510 Chipset)". I would purchase a BT receiver with that chipset if the current recveiver, in-use, is older technology (3.0 or lower) and/or doesn't use the 8510 chipset. --> http://tinyurl.com/BT40CSR8510

You should try using a different BT receiver or plug your current BT receiver into your PC then pair the Wiimote and forward all inputs? Forwarding with MaxAim while maintaining a full-time DS4 connection to the PS4 should resolve your issue.

----------

I don't believe that you're using the MaxAim method but if you are (see below):

If you were using MaxAim, then, my guess would be that, The Wiimote connection to your BT receiver is suffering from a, momentary, signal interruption (if "Direct Input Enabled" is unchecked after you lose connection then this is, most-likely the case.. I'm relating this to the behavior between Gtuner/MaxAim/PS4 if my usb cable loses connection to my controller). I would then hypothesize that it's also, plausible that the PS4 and/or DS4 controller's BT signal is related to the interference. I would recommend that you relocate the BT receiver, if possible, and check the software drivers for the receiver and the Wiimote.. The BT receiver might be the cause. You may need to isolate the situation in order to reach a solution. For example, use the Wiimote with the BT receiver with a PC game (without gtuner/T1) to make certain that the receiver isn't to blame.

----------

I don't use a Wiimote with Gtuner so I have no way to troubleshoot your issue. Hopefully, this was helpful.

Best of luck,
-Jim
Kolibri King | https://tinyurl.com/BF1KK

I take pride in the fact that I achieved this the honorable way. With an unmodded official XB1 controller.. Without the help of any other foreign device. Grind, well, spent.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby DaddyB-Memo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:35 pm

I'll try an updated BT dongle. The one I've had laying around is definitely an older model.

I'll report back on the results. Thanks for the help!
DaddyB-Memo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby mjfame » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:51 am

DaddyB-Memo wrote:I'll try an updated BT dongle. The one I've had laying around is definitely an older model.

I'll report back on the results. Thanks for the help!

Your welcome.. Looking forward to the results.

Jim
Kolibri King | https://tinyurl.com/BF1KK

I take pride in the fact that I achieved this the honorable way. With an unmodded official XB1 controller.. Without the help of any other foreign device. Grind, well, spent.

mjfame
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby DaddyB-Memo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Here's the after-action report:

Upgraded my BT dongle per the recommendations above; removed all BT speed-up options; forced output to PS4 -- I think I got everything done as recommended. Result is still the same. I must say that I'm stumped regarding how it can work properly for hours in this configuration and just cease after a certain timeframe...which, BTW, seems to be after 2-3 hours, and once it starts, it'll keep doing it within 20-30 minutes after every re-established connection. It almost makes me think there's something on the PS4 side that's not playing nice with the device after a certain timeout duration, and it only pops up on lengthy play sessions.

FWIW, hardware configuration is as follows:

- PS4 with TitanOne connected on USB1, which is then directly connected to new BT dongle. No laptop interface involved.
- Wiimote synced to the BT dongle. Tried it with a new MotionPlus-included Wiimote and an older non-MP w/ same result.
- Tritton USB headset on USB2 (I doubt that's related, but thought I'd be thorough).

There are no issues whatsoever with the system while using the first-party DS4 controller.
DaddyB-Memo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Thank you for the detailed information. I will be reproducing your usage to check if I can also experience the described issue. As a side note, possible soon I will be improving the BT support, specially on noisy environments, on the Titan One firmware.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device