Questions from a soon to be new user

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Questions from a soon to be new user

Postby mike_907 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:03 pm

As the title states, just a few questions. Any users or moderators answers would be very helpful. I am a ps4 user and a long time COD player. Not a pro by any means but not a noob either. I see that to compete with the top players, a little assistance is needed. Few yrs ago I would have been firmly against it but it seems that all the top players are doing something to gain that slight edge. So I have decided to take the plunge and get something as well. I looked at the modded controllers and while they would probably do the trick, they are very costly, have little to no warranty, and have the chance of being obsolete if you play other games. This product seems like an amazing solution to all those problems. I am also a big fan of how the developers/owners (?) are highly active on these message boards to help with problems or answer just about every question. I have friends, real life and online, that have modded controllers and some that have the titan one. I seem to get a more favorable review from the titan one. So, I had decided to get one. Then I started reading all the reviews and the message boards. While the reviews seem overwhelmingly postive, some concerns I had were shown on the message boards. My set up is nothing special at all, ps4, ps4 controller, and turtle beach px4 wireless (sorta) headset. First concern was the controller authentication, which if I have read right, is already fixed and will be a non issue correct? Second concern is my headset. It is required to be plugged into the controller with an audio cable, and from what I understand this will not work for chat with the titan one, correct? Also from what I read, the best fix for this at this time is to buy a completely wireless headset, like a Sony gold or turtle beach stealth, for instance. Or that there is some way to run two controllers and chat on one while playing with the other but I have no interest in that. I was weighing the different pros and cons between a modded controller with my current headset against the titan one with a new head set and have been stuck between which way to lean. Then I started seeing the messages about the NEW titan one (titan two*) that is being released sometime soon. Which brought a new dilemma. I had pretty much made my mind up to go with the titan one until the headset issue, so the titan two is where I am leaning twords again since from what I understand, it should be the fix it all solution for my issues, is that right? I guess the decision I am try to make now, in order of the way I'm leaning, is should I...1-wait for the titan two, 2-just get a modded controller and just plug and play, or 3-get the titan one and a new set of headphones even though there is a better version coming out soon. Any options or comments would be appreciated. I guess the main determining factor would be roughly how long until the titan two is released? I see that it is generally stated jan/feb but it is the end of jan and it isnt out and havent heard any new news on if that timetable is still on track or if its going to be later. I dont mind waiting a little bit if it saves a few bucks and i get the newer, better technology, but i dont want to be waiting for months on end. Price of it don't matter much to me since I'm confident it will be a awesome, long lasting product. And the other two options would undoubtedly be more expensive (150-200 for a modded controller, or a couple hundred for turtle beach stealth). Sorry this got so long, just wanted to cover all the bases so there wouldn't be 20 follow up questions before someone could give valid suggestions. And I would have just emailed the company, but I couldn't find a direct email and I kinda wanted some user feedback as well. Thanks a ton!!
mike_907
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Questions from a soon to be new user

Postby UK_Wildcats » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Let me see if I can help.

Modded Controllers - They have their use and limitations as well. The Titan devices provide far more capabilities that a modded controller cannot provide.

Titan 1 - Due to the memory size on the Titan 1, audio pass through is not possible when you are using a headset plugged directly into the controller. This does not affect USB headsets. If you use a headset that is NOT plugged into the controller, it will work as it normally does. Xbox and PS4 both use a controller authentication process, which the Titan 1 authenticates automatically when using different controller (i.e. Xbox 1 controller on PS4). This does not work as well for some people.

Titan 2 - The limitations above with the Titan 1 are resolved with the Titan 2. In addition, the Titan 2 will be faster and have more memory along with enhanced programming software. The Titan 2 will also have built in bluetooth; therefore, you will not a bluetooth dongle for it.

In my opinion, I would recommend waiting and buying a Titan 2.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby mike_907 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Cool, thanks for the input.
Big question is, do we know when we can get our hands on a titan two?
As i said, dont mind waiting a little while, but dont want to be waiting for months on end.
mike_907
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:44 pm

mike_907 wrote:Cool, thanks for the input.
Big question is, do we know when we can get our hands on a titan two?
As i said, dont mind waiting a little while, but dont want to be waiting for months on end.

Q1 2016, (Q1 ends March 31st)
"We always start with completing the difficult. It just takes us a little longer to do the impossible."
Console Tuner Support Team®
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Return to Titan One Device