DS4 Bluetooth Authentication Issue

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

DS4 Bluetooth Authentication Issue

Postby lorissimo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Hello all. I used my new Titan One (with the Bluetooth dongle add on) for the first time last night on my PS4. It was fun while it lasted buy after about 5 minutes I started experiencing random controller disconnections (T1 flashing alternating "AU"). It just kept happening over and over again and made gaming unplayable. I had a look at these forums last night and found a number of ideas, fixes, solutions, etc. but I couldn't find anything really consistent. Can someone summarize from start to finish what is the best way to use the T1 in this manner while minimizing/reducing/eliminating the authentication issue? Again, I purchased the T1 with the Bluetooth dongle provided as an "add on" option. Thanks. :)
lorissimo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: DS4 Bluetooth Authentication Issue

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Below is the documentation wireless connection. Make sure that the speed up settings are also set.
http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/dualshock_4_wireless_mode.htm?mw=MjQw&st=MA==&sct=MA==&ms=AAAA

If still experience problems after doing the above, I recommend trying playing with the controller hard wired to T1 first. This will validate the T1 and gamepack/script are working correctly. Play it for an hour or two and see if you have any issues.

If you do not have any issues hard wired, the most likely issue with bluetooth. How far away is the controller from bluetooth dongle? Do you have a lot of wireless devices in your house?

I have a lot of wireless devices in my house which causes severe interference with bluetooth. Therefore, I have to play wired.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby lorissimo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:04 pm

Will do. Thanks. I will give it all a try. I'm about 5 feet away from the dongle.
lorissimo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby UK_Wildcats » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:10 pm

My wireless issues are typically interrupted movements (i.e. pauses, non-responsiveness, erratic movement) and not AU problems.

For best bluetooth performance, try to get the dongle as close to the controller as you can. Also, try to make sure it is a line of sight connection (aka nothing in between them that could block the signal).
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby lorissimo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Man... I tried all those settings and still have constant "AU" issues in addition to the pauses, non-responsiveness, and erratic movement you describe (when it's actually working properly). I'm literally just about 3 feet away from the dongle and it's causing me nothing but wireless grief. Makes playing with the wireless dongle absolutely impossible. When I use a USB cable it's all good. No issues.
lorissimo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:57 am

The AU probably means the controller is not connected on the Titan One (and possible directly to the console). Please check if the bottom dot of the device's display turn's off when you connect the DS4 controller. If not, check the instructions of the page below and re-do the pairing procedure:
http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/duals ... s_mode.htm
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device