Kensington Slimblade not recognized by MaxAimDI

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Kensington Slimblade not recognized by MaxAimDI

Postby droidtheory » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi there,

I purchased my Titan One a couple months ago and was having a blast with my old mouse, an Anker gaming mouse which worked just fine. But recently I've switched to using a Kensington Slimblade and I cannot for the life of me get MaxAimDI to recognize that it's even a mouse. There's 4 buttons plus scrolling & a trackball on it, but none of these will be recognized when I try to map them out. I've tried searching here & on google but cannot find the answer.

When I enter capture mode, it doesn't take over my mouse control. I can still move around my mouse within Windows 10 & access everything like normal, however the GTuner SW becomes completely unresponsive. The only way to get out of this state is to click on the 'X' to close, which then gives an error message and crashes the entire program (both MaxAIM Plugin & the main GTuner page).

This is a very minimalist setup with no USB extension cords or such. I also tried closing Kensington's configuration software and there was no difference. I tried looking into the direct input list but there and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for, if anything. I'm also unsure how the DPI would work with this kind of mouse, however I can't even get that far -- the SW crashes each time I attempt any kind of input.

Compatibility with this mouse is the main reason that I purchased the Titan One (shipping was a bit delayed for the Kensington, which is why I was originally using my Anker for testing purposes). Is there some trick to making it work, or is it just not compatible at this time?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I'm super excited to get this functioning.
droidtheory
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Kensington Slimblade not recognized by MaxAimDI

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Thank you for the feedback on the Titan One. :)

The MaxAim DI utilizes the MS Direct Input API to capture the mouse, keyboard and other devices, such joysticks and gamepads.

By your description it seems that the drivers of your Kensington Slimblade is not "presenting" the device as a regular mouse. On this matter there is not much we can do on MaxAim DI to recognize the device, as it depends of the Direct Input API.

A possible solution is try find some alternative driver and/or driver options that makes this mouse acts like as regular mouse.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby droidtheory » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:55 pm

Thanks for the quick response, that makes sense.

Do you happen to know of any good/reliable drivers that might work for that?
For example, if I just grabbed the driver for the Logitech marble or even the entire SW suite from Razer, is there any chance they might work, or would it just be a waste of time?

How about open-source drivers? I tried checking google but it gives some really strange results, seems there's not many folks out there in this situation. Somewhat surprising tbh...

while thumb trackballs aren't ideal for many tasks, the finger trackballs are simply amazing at reducing any sort of pain/soreness, and have the added benefit of being much more accurate and speedy than a hand or thumb could do on their own. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this technology takes off in the near future, particularly among gamers and/or developers.
droidtheory
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:34 pm

I don't think the Logitech or Razer drives will work for the Kensington Slimblade. It must be a driver specifically for this device. Open source drivers would be a option, if exists. I will try search on internet something related to this.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device