Ps4 authentication

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Ps4 authentication

Postby Rod » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:26 am

Sorry to ask a question I'm sure seems silly to most of you, however. Am I right that currently the titan one will receive authenticate every 10min causing a disconnect no matter what. Or if I have a genuine ps4 controller connected will everything be OK? I want to use an xbox elite controller on the ps4 but could not put up with disconnects every 10min. But want to check I'm not wrong? Thanks in advance for any help guys!
Rod
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Ps4 authentication

Postby Rod » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:28 pm

I know this might be a rather noob question, however surely a site admin or someone should offer some guidance and reply?
Rod
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:42 am

Rod wrote:Am I right that currently the titan one will receive authenticate every 10min causing a disconnect no matter what. Or if I have a genuine ps4 controller connected will everything be OK?

With a genuine PS4 controller the authentication interruptions does not happens at all, as the controller is answering the console authentication requests. Same is true when using MaxAim DI to crossover play on PS4. no authentication interruptions.

Rod wrote: I want to use an xbox elite controller on the ps4 but could not put up with disconnects every 10min. But want to check I'm not wrong? Thanks in advance for any help guys!

As mentioned above, at the moment you cab use the MaxAim DI to play with your Xbox One Elite controller on PS4. However this approach requires you to have a PC near to the PS4. The MaxAim DI captures the inputs from the Xbox One controller connected on PC, converts these inputs according to layout you made and, through the Titan One device, it sends your commands to console.

For example, the connections for Xbox One controller:

(1) Titan One on PS4;
(2) Titan One on PC (mini-USB cable);
(3) PS4 controller on Titan One (for authentication);
(4) The Xbox One controller connected on PC.

On PC you launch Gtuner and open the MaxAim plugin.

MaxAim documentation: http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/maxai ... cation.htm
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Rod » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:07 am

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I believe I am better to await the new one then (as I understand release is just a moment away)? I think I'm right in saying it supports proper crossover and a pc connection will not be required, this seems a far more elegant solution to me.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me :)
Rod
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Return to Titan One Device