XBOX ONE Not Authenticating 2016

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

XBOX ONE Not Authenticating 2016

Postby ArmyAirborne » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:28 am

I've never had a problem with the titan one until now. When I wanted to use it I'd plug it in and it would work and if it didn't I would check for firmware updates and check here if anyone else that has talked about my issue. I'm not one to ask for help but I am completely stumped at this point and would like some assistance. I've followed many of the different topics people have said in trouble shooting authentication of the XB1 controller and none of them have worked to authenticate. The T1 never seems to turn on the XB1 controller after I power the system up via the power button. No batteries in the controller it just stays at AU. I've tried multiple cables and two genuine XB1 controllers and I'm fresh out of ideas. I've used Automatic and XB1 for the output protocol and made sure that all the speedup settings were unchecked. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
ArmyAirborne
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: XBOX ONE Not Authenticating 2016

Postby bonefisher » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:20 am

When it says AU is there dots light up also on the top left and bottom right when you plug it in? If by chance you have AU searching with no dots try leaving the Titan plugged in and unplugging and replugging the USB cord to controller to see if this bites. If your only getting one dot on top left by the main light during AU you might want to try another usb cable. The dot at the bottom near usb hook up for controller side needs to be up also which that shows connection when authenticating.
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby ArmyAirborne » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:48 am

The cable that came with my XB1 was a really really short cable for what I assume is just to upgrade the controller firmware so it does not have that light at the end of the micro USB part and that one stopped working and I've got about 20 other different micro USB cables laying around me that I've tested and they all don't work. I was out at Lowe's earlier (for something irrelevant to the issue) and when I was in the check out and I saw a para cord wrapped micro USB cable that I ended up buying for my phone charger in my truck and decided to grab that and try it out. 'Sigh' of course it works, *call tech support, as soon as you get someone you fix it* It did only show one dot on the T1 when AU and then it authenticated. Any reason you can think of why the cables I tried and the one I used to always use stop working? I get that some cables only supply two inner wires just for pos and ground but I've used just about all of them with my phone to computer to transfer things so I can't imagine that mine only come with the two inner wires since I did get data to transfer.
ArmyAirborne
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby bonefisher » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:22 am

The USB cables are a pain at times try to use one that doesn't plug and charge option for controller. Also don't way out the port on the controller or Titan. Try another controller also because the ports get worn out also. You figure one out of 20 USB cords one should of worked.
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Jay2nice000 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:26 pm

I'm have my the same problem as you are. My t1 was working fine three days ago. I never really had any problems. But today it does not wanna work at all I get the AU with 2 dots and no matter what I do it does not want to authenticate. I have went as far as changing usb even tho the original one that I had worked flawlessly, I power cycled my xbox one and even master reset the T1. I put the T1 with and without the usb. Every time I plug in my controller it vibrates but the light on the controller goes on and stay in a AU state with one dot on each side ooo yea my of reads it with no problem
Jay2nice000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:37 am

Jay2nice000 wrote:I'm have my the same problem as you are. My t1 was working fine three days ago. I never really had any problems. But today it does not wanna work at all I get the AU with 2 dots and no matter what I do it does not want to authenticate. I have went as far as changing usb even tho the original one that I had worked flawlessly, I power cycled my xbox one and even master reset the T1. I put the T1 with and without the usb. Every time I plug in my controller it vibrates but the light on the controller goes on and stay in a AU state with one dot on each side ooo yea my of reads it with no problem

Thanks for the detailed description. The output port of your device could be defective, to test that please set the oputput protocol of your device to XB360 and plug in on PC. The top LED on the display should turn off. You can also test on a PS3, if you have one.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Jay2nice000 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:39 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
Jay2nice000 wrote:I'm have my the same problem as you are. My t1 was working fine three days ago. I never really had any problems. But today it does not wanna work at all I get the AU with 2 dots and no matter what I do it does not want to authenticate. I have went as far as changing usb even tho the original one that I had worked flawlessly, I power cycled my xbox one and even master reset the T1. I put the T1 with and without the usb. Every time I plug in my controller it vibrates but the light on the controller goes on and stay in a AU state with one dot on each side ooo yea my of reads it with no problem

Thanks for the detailed description. The output port of your device could be defective, to test that please set the oputput protocol of your device to XB360 and plug in on PC. The top LED on the display should turn off. You can also test on a PS3, if you have one.

I apologize , when i wrote the post above i was using my iphone, but let clear up a few things.

Every time I plug in my controller it vibrates but the light DOES NOT TURN on the controller. The T! stay in a AU state with one dot on each side ooo yea my PC reads the T1 with no problem.

I was able to cure this problem by using my official LG android charger. Even tho my other charger still works fine with my android phones. I really wish there was wireless support for the X1 controller.
Jay2nice000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Some usb charging cables does not have the data wires, so those can't be used with the Titan One. In any case, I'm glad you found a cable that works. :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device