Questions and suggestions.

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Questions and suggestions.

Postby Funz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:37 am

First off, I really like the Titan One. It worked out of the box and I'm super impressed.
I'm basically a competitive PC gamer 99% of the time and frag with my college buddies on console when I get those "lets frag" late night text. :)

I have my xbox 360 setup next to my gaming PC and use my main monitor via HDMI from the xbox. Which will soon have a capture card between the two but I digress. The T1 is connected to the xbox, a controller, and the PC via micro usb. Keyboard and mouse is easy to get going. Working. Still need to tweak that. Negative accel big time. More digression.

What I'm trying to do is use another 360 controller that is always plugged into my PC. So, PC 360 controller to xbox 360 without having to program it. I got it to work with MaxAim DI but I had to map every key and had to open and close the Direct Input window every time to see what is what. This was IMHO very clumsy and I didn't get everything right the first or second time. I also could not map the xbox Home button. Seems like just a pass-through for controllers that are already supported could be implemented. I'm not sure if that is possible because of the languages Windows and the xbox speak but if it is it would be great. If not, being able to have both the MaxAim DI plugin and its menus open at the same time would work too. For quicker mapping reasons.
This is mostly fine but the xbox Home button will not map. And I like to use that to turn off the console. Yes I know I can do it on the controller plugged into the T1 but I have it tucked away and out of site. Trying to get as close to hard wiring (I use the term lightly) everything as I can.

I play with both M&KB and a 360 controller. I sit in the same place and position with headphones on for both PC and console usually in Vent, Teamspeak and Mumble all at the same time talking to 20 people. Is there a way to add certain keys (maybe via scripting or a future update) to have Capture mode ignore keys/key combos I/we set? As it stands now, I have to CTRL+ESC to end capture to respond to anyone talking, losing control of my game and usually getting killed :P. Again IMHO, this is a must for M&KB players. PC is all about multitasking. :)

TLDR?
Controller pass through via PC without mapping for standard controllers.
Ability to have MaxAim Di and DI Settings windows open and usable at the same time.
The ability to ignore key strokes when in Capture mode for the ability to use VOIP clients or what ever you see fit. :wink:
Ability to map xbox home button if no pass through is possible.

Thanks for reading and any help or responses.
Funz
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Questions and suggestions.

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:12 am

Funz wrote:First off, I really like the Titan One. It worked out of the box and I'm super impressed.
I'm basically a competitive PC gamer 99% of the time and frag with my college buddies on console when I get those "lets frag" late night text. :)

Cool, Thanks!!

Funz wrote:I also could not map the xbox Home button. Seems like just a pass-through for controllers that are already supported could be implemented.

This is a limitation of the XBox 360 controller drivers (on PC), unfortunately there is no way to MaxAim overcome this.
An option could be bind a keyboard key to the home button. Or, if you are not in capture mode, you can click with the mouse on the home button in MaxAim layout.

Funz wrote:If not, being able to have both the MaxAim DI plugin and its menus open at the same time would work too. For quicker mapping reasons.

I'm not sure if I understood. You mean when in capture mode? For Controller bindings (Direct Input) you don't need enter in capture mode, the mappings work as soon you define it. In capture mode, for mouse settings, you can press Crtl-M to quick open the settings windows, without have to leave capture mode.

Funz wrote:Is there a way to add certain keys (maybe via scripting or a future update) to have Capture mode ignore keys/key combos I/we set? As it stands now, I have to CTRL+ESC to end capture to respond to anyone talking, losing control of my game and usually getting killed :P. Again IMHO, this is a must for M&KB players. PC is all about multitasking. :)

Got it. Okay, I need take a look on this. Not sure if it is possible to "trap" the keyboard and mouse, but still having a set of keys working on the system. I need check.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Questions and suggestions.

Postby Funz » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks. I hope there is a way with the ignore keys idea.
Keep up the good work.
Funz
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Titan One Device