high resolution monitor support

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

high resolution monitor support

Postby mobilevil » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 am

hi,
the gtuner software is not working well with high resolution monitors. I just got a new laptop with 14" 2560X1440 monitor, and gtuner's display layout is messed up with large font size setting.
currently the setting dialog size is fixed, but the controls are bigger in big font setting.
maybe we can just make the dialog sizable as a quick workaround.

priority can be low i think, but the era of high DPI has come.
mobilevil
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: high resolution monitor support

Postby Shadohz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:59 am

This by happenstance to be a Dell?
Shadohz
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby mobilevil » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:44 am

no, it's a thinkpad :D
mobilevil
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Shadohz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:51 am

mobilevil wrote:no, it's a thinkpad :D

Meh same difference. An issue I discovered several years ago when I worked as a Systems Analyst. It drove me nuts for 3 years hunting down the cause because it cost my department several thousands dollars in cost for one IT person's ignorance. Laptop producers will sometimes create their own custom Windows fonts that are not compatible with some applications. The text won't scale with the dialog boxes/font changes. I've also seen this occur on desktop machines where font files or font registry became corrupted. It was rare but I was guaranteed at least one in-house or external client call every 6mths.

https://support.cch.com/kb/solution.aspx/sw39650
You should be able to fix it by finding a standard Windows Installation DVD from Microsoft/Technet (not the one that came with your PC) that matches the operating system on your laptop. You go to the FONTS folder and install the standard Windows fonts to your machine. Alternately you should be able to install Font files from a PC or virtual machine that has the same operating system as your laptop. If you're able to run G-Tuner Pro successfully from a virtual machine (with the same OS) on your laptop then it should be a clear enough identifier that it is the font files.

As with all disclaimers, I assume no responsibility if you mess up your machine, etc etc
Shadohz
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby mobilevil » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:06 pm

thanks for your advance. but i am a IT pro myself so my system is clean as snow :D
windows 10 default to 150% font size when the monitor DPI is high. and it is really a necessary.
I am using a windows 7 VM to do gtuner settings(and some other random task like using suspicious software or website) for the time being.
mobilevil
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Shadohz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:19 am

Post a screenshot of the error
Shadohz
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby mobilevil » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:19 am

with large font setting, the element in the setting dialog box is out side of the fixed size window.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/320 ... 20font.jpg

with normal font size, 14 inch monitor with 2560X1440 resolution, I need a magnifying glass
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/320 ... 20font.jpg

I am a programmer myself and I know large font is a pain to support. That's why I say making the dialog box's border resizable can be a quick and cheap fix.

Microsoft is pushing high DPI supporting API to fix these issues. I am not a apple fans but it is years(10?!) behind Mac.
mobilevil
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby Prototype » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 am

mobilevil wrote:That's why I say making the dialog box's border resizable can be a quick and cheap fix.

This is a know issue, you will find details about why it is not possible to make windows resizeable:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=516
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Shadohz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:58 am

mobilevil wrote:-snip-

Same problem I saw back then.

Try installing fonts.
1. Close all apps.
2. Install the extracted Fonts from Temp (rar extraction)
3. Reboot
4. Relaunch app and check.
5. Optional: Run CCleaner to clean up previous font entries.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jp6aq ... /Fonts.rar

2. Use the link Proto provided and extrapolate a fix from one of the vague responses from those who resolved it by accident, luck, or unannounced workaround.

3. Write your own window resizer specific to GTP... which should be pretty easy. There are also free window resizer tools available.
Shadohz
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Return to Titan One Device