Marketing idea for T1 - the education industry

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Marketing idea for T1 - the education industry

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:59 am

I work in IT but as an Analyst / Consultant. I also do solution design / architecture on enterprise systems but I'm not a coder. I did first year programming at Uni but I never really took to it. I was and still am a terrible programmer so I ended up specializing in analysis, business process etc.

Anyway T1 has been my first time really programming in years and it's the first time I've really ENJOYED it. I'm finding myself reading through the code libraries with great interest and spending my evenings testing new ideas.

It's so simple to code, compile and test with the T1 and it makes me think this has a real opportunity to be used as an education tool. If I had started off being introduced to programming like this instead of building boring ass applications I think it may have been a different story for me! Anyway a lot of people at a high school or university love games and are going to be naturally drawn to this sort of thing. The best way to teach is to do it using familiar contexts, and topics that students will find interesting, and video games is right in that sweet spot. Imagine if you could get education institutions having all their students buy T1's...
Last edited by pablosscripts on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Marketing idea for T1 - the education industry

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:58 am

Thank you for sharing your background and the experience you are having with the Titan One. Your marketing idea is really very good, I never looked at our device from this perspective, and it makes total sense. Perhaps, the best way to start this would be make courseware like textbooks and teaching videos.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:06 pm

If I ever meet anyone with an interest in learning programming I will definitely be recommending the T1. It's such a great learning tool.
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby antithesis » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:59 am

I agree, the T1 is a great entry-level to programming. I'm an IT refugee too (tried and hated it at Uni, ended up in web development instead), and have really enjoyed wrapping my head around the GPC language because we can so easily put our theory into practice.

Looking forward to the T2 and seeing what we can do with a fully-fledge programming language at our disposal.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:58 pm

it is very rewarding to read positive comments like yours. :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Doxy » Fri May 25, 2018 12:10 pm

It really is a great learning tool. I had to get my boyfriend to fix/do anything tech related for me to now being capable of writing my own scripts (with some assistance from Combo Magick). It's super rewarding and not crazy difficult to learn. Though I'm wary about buying a T2 due to the language looking more confusing to me.
Doxy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Sat May 26, 2018 2:44 pm

[quote="Doxy"Though I'm wary about buying a T2 due to the language looking more confusing to me.[/quote]
Don't be, the language has more features but is very similar to what you are used to. And you have the option to script using the Titan One scripting language by including the back compatibility header file. :smile0517:
Code: Select all
#include <titanone.gph>
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Doxy » Sun May 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Are there any resources that can help me learn GPC or anything relevant?
Doxy
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Return to Titan One Device