Xbox 360 wireless controller on PS4

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Xbox 360 wireless controller on PS4

Postby Boomslangnz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:55 am

Hi guys

I have a titan one i brought a couple years back and just updated it to latest firmware etc, set output mode to ps4 and plugged in a windows wireless adapter to input and then plugged it into ps4 and sync'd controller up to it

Seemed to work fine and I loaded up doom and played for a couple minutes without issues

Is there anything I need to know?

I noticed the titan one was flashing AU but it was still working fine for a good 5-10 minutes so do I need to worry about that?

Thanks
Boomslangnz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Xbox 360 wireless controller on PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Welcome to our community.

Please note for crossover play on PS4 (e.g. use XB360 controller on PS4) there are two options. One is the partial crossover support, which has an 10 minutes reconnection. The reconnection takes less than 1 second and, in most cases, can't be noticed. The PS4 partial crossover is disabled by default and it must enabled in the device setting.

The second option is use the MaxAim DI plugin, here you don't need to worry about reconnection, however this approach requires you to have a PC near to the PS4. The MaxAim DI captures the inputs from the Xbox One controller connected on PC, converts these inputs according to layout you made and, through the Titan One device, it sends your commands to console.

For example, the connections required to use on PS4:

(1) Titan One on PS4
(2) Titan One on PC (mini-USB cable)
(3) PS4 controller on Titan One
(4) Your Xbox 360 controller on PC

Our upcoming device, the Titan Two, can do crossover play on PS4 without any issues, more info here:
http://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=start
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Boomslangnz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:28 am

uh screw that

Ill just buy another ps4 controller

I thought the whole point of this was to use one controller for any console etc but now you want me to buy a second titan one device?
Boomslangnz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:28 am

The Titan One is as device designed before the PS4 and Xbox One, the full time authentication requirement of PS4 couldn't not be anticipated. Our response to that was design an more complete and capable device, the Titan Two.

I would also like to clarify that, with the Titan One, the crossover play only have limitation on PS4 system (eg. using Xbox One controller on PS4). Other than that, there is absolutely no issues. For example, using an PS4 controller on PS4, using the device on PS3, Xbox 360, xbox One, etc ... there is no reconnections / re-authentications.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device