Polling Rate Question

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Polling Rate Question

Postby heybg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello, I play with the Xbox Elite Controller on PC. I was wondering if the Titan One or Two could decrease the native input lag caused by the Xbox controllers 125Hz polling Rate? Ideally I would want 1000hz but I'm not sure if the Xbox controller has a report rate that high. Has anyone tested this or would the raise know if you can reduce the Xbox one input lag on PC for 8ms to 1 or 2 ms with the Titan One or Two?
heybg
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Polling Rate Question

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:33 pm

You are absolutely right, the Xbox One controller generates, at maximum speed, one data report each 8ms. This is intriguing, as its USB endpoint descriptor have the bInterval configured to 4ms. The Titan Two try respect what the USB descriptor determines and polls the controller at 4ms rate, but the controller only reply each 8ms. Therefore, I don't believe it is possible reduce the input lag of the Xbox One controller.

However, the Titan Two will send to the console data reports as fast as the console request - so, using an PS4 controller (or any other fast controller) you should be able to significantly reduce the input lag when playing on Xbox One.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby heybg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks for the info! I've tried google to find faster controllers besides the PS4 one. Do you know any? I really like the Xbox controller, but might switch if something has significantly better response time.
heybg
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:26 pm

There are the Nacon Revolution Pro and the Razer Raiju. Both are PS4 compatible, but with similar fell (in hands) as the Xbox One controller.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby heybg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:47 am

Nice, I'm looking into them and can't seem to find any numbers about those controller's polling and report rates. Also, it's not a big deal if these are compatible for the PS4, as I only play on PC. Do you happen to know these controllers polling and report rates? I'll continue to search in the meantime. Again, thanks for the response :)
heybg
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 am

The Nacon has an polling interval of 4ms (same as the DS4) -- possible it will reply faster if the host request. The Razer I am not sure, but it should be the same.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby heybg » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Awesome, thanks. So at the very least it will effectively halve the input lag of the controller. Interesting, I hope there will be a 1000hz controller soon, I play Rocket League competitively and it is one of the few games that actually benefits from using a controller over a mouse and keyboard.
heybg
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Oskarjhk » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:33 pm

I know this is probably a dead conversation by now and I won’t get a response but it’s the only place where I could find anyone talking about Xbox elite input delay on pc and I heard that apparently using Xbox elite on Bluetooth has a lower input delay, is this true? And how could you measure it?
Oskarjhk
Private
Private

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Oskarjhk wrote:I know this is probably a dead conversation by now and I won’t get a response but it’s the only place where I could find anyone talking about Xbox elite input delay on pc and I heard that apparently using Xbox elite on Bluetooth has a lower input delay, is this true? And how could you measure it?

I don't believe this is true. I haven't measured the Elite S2 yet, but the normal XB1 S controller still works at 8ms interval even over Bluetooth connection.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device