Problem authenticating on ps4

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Problem authenticating on ps4

Postby soc5 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi my Titan One was working fine on my ps4, and then yesterday when I plugged it in it just started the authentication lights animation but never stopped and now the lights just cycle from top to bottom whenever i plug it in to the ps4.
I plugged it in to my pc and it works fine It registers the device and I can use it. I made sure it is set to ps4 and i changed it to automatic and back to ps4 but nothing works, when I re-plug it into ps4 it just does the authentication animation over and over. The Usb output has gotten looser and looser over time and I wonder if its a hardware issue
What should I do?
soc5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Problem authenticating on ps4

Postby soc5 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Ok it might be a hardware issue, I plug into the usb port of ps4 and if I hold the titan one steady it authenticates sometimes but it loses it if I let go of the device. Seems like a hardware issue but i'm not sure Please advise what to do
Thank you.
soc5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 am

soc5 wrote:now the lights just cycle from top to bottom whenever i plug it in to the ps4.

The up-and-down animation is normal and means the device is waiting the controller and/or the console.
soc5 wrote:Ok it might be a hardware issue, I plug into the usb port of ps4 and if I hold the titan one steady it authenticates sometimes but it loses it if I let go of the device. Seems like a hardware issue but i'm not sure Please advise what to do
Thank you.

Have you tried with a short usb extension between the console and the Titan to avoid forcing on the output port?
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby soc5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi I probably didn't phrase that properly, the up and down animation continues indefinitely and the titan one does not authenticate, that is the problem. I haven't tried with a usb extension because I don't have one. I would get one to see if that helps but I don't think that is the issue. The issue seems to be more of a hardware issue I think, because the device can connect, but only if I hold it still with my hand. If it moves even slightly it loses the connection.

The clue to me of what it could be is that If I hold the device steady with my hand as i plug it into the ps4, it will authenticate but if it moves slightly, or if I move the cable it loses its connection and starts the up and down animation, then I need to take it out and plug it in again and physically hold it steady while it reconnects. I placed a cushion under the device to keep it in place and that helps but it is not optimal obviously, because any movement causes it to lose the connection. The USB male connector on the Titan one seems loose so I think this could be the problem
What do you think? If it is a hardware issue what do i need to do?
Thank you
soc5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 am

yes i also think that this is a hardware issue, for sure. That's why i always advise to have a short usb extension to not damage the output port. What you can try is to open the Titan's case to look the state of the welds of the output port. Maybe you have the equipment to repair the damaged welds or you will need to contact the retailer where you bought the device to get a replacement.

It looks like you are not the only one:
xenologer wrote:Well
after one two many accidental USB cable yankings. (drawback of playing with a wired controller)
my TitanOne has finally given up the ghost. crack in the usb port leads I think

I guess its time to buy a TitanTwo
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby soc5 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:56 am

Oh I see about the usb extension that makes sense. I will try contacting the seller. What is the manufacturers warranty on the titan one?
Thank you.
soc5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Prototype » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:53 am

Idk, where did you buy your Titan? And for how long?
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby soc5 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:43 am

Hi I received it as a gift a year ago for Christmas.
Isn't there a manufacturers warranty on it, regardless of where it was purchased? you don't know what the warranty is? Isn't this the website for the Titan one? I'm confused not trying to be rude.
Thanks.
soc5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm

After connecting the Titan One to the console, and the controller on the Titan One, please let me know if the top and bottom dots on the device’s display turns off or stays on. If the dot(s) stay on, please let me know which one. thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby soc5 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi, ok so if I call the top of the device the side closer to the console and the bottom would be the side which you connect the controller to, then this is what I see: When I plug it in to the console, briefly both dots are on, then the bottom one turns off and the top one remains on as it performs the authenticating animation.

So to be clear when I plug it in the top dot turns on and statys on. And the authentication animation just keeps going.

If I hold the device steady with my hand then it will authenticate and the top dot will turn off, and if my hand is not steady the top dot will blink briefly on and off but it will stay authenticated as long as I hold it still.
Thank you.
soc5
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan One Device