General Questions Regarding the Titan One; XB1>PS4

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

General Questions Regarding the Titan One; XB1>PS4

Postby Dkm16 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:08 pm

I’m a PS4 user who is tired of having to buy a new Dualshock 4 controller every 4-5 months due to the left analog stick beginning to fail and cause drift. Furthermore, I’m a fan of the stick tension the 360 controllers had, and recently learned that the XB1 S controllers have a similar tension. So my intentions are to use an Xbox One S controller on my PS4, but there are several things I’m unsure about and can’t seem to find a definite answer to. I should also mention that the macro/coding aspect of this device has little to no bearing on whether or not I want to purchase it. I’m really only looking for a way to use the XB1 controller on PS4 (not concerned with turbo fire or any other form of cheating to gain competitive advantage).

First and foremost, does the Titan One STILL require PS4 authentication every 10 minutes when using a non-PS4 controller? If so, does the Titan Two offer a workaround for this authentication? Furthermore, what does the workaround consist of? I’ve read several posts/reviews of people mentioning the use of a USB hub and leaving the PS4 controller connected to it 24/7. I’d like to learn more about what exactly is involved in this process. If this authentication is necessary, does that mean I’d have to turn on my PS4, my Dualshock 4, and my Xbox one controller every time I want to play, and would that process end up being a hassle? I saw someone mention that the basic Cro.nus.max model (comparable to the Titan One) has a firmware upgrade that bypassed this authentication issue, but I’m not sure if that’s 100% true, nor am I certain as to what that actually means (again, does that just mean you’ll no longer have to authenticate every 10 minutes, but still have to have your Dualshock 4 sitting right next to you and powered on 24/7 in order to trick the PS4 into thinking you’re using it instead of the XB1 controller?)

The reason I ask if because I’m fairly certain the Brook Super Converter is simply plug and play, meaning I could just leave it plugged into my PS4’s USB port and then plug my XB1 controller into it each time I want to play and be on my merry way. The reason I’m not 100% set on the Brook product, is because it’s ONLY able to support XB1>PS4 and I also have a Nintendo Switch that I may end up wanting to do some controller swapping on. So I feel that the Titan One (or Two, if need be) would be more beneficial to me in that aspect.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. I’ve been searching for answers to my questions for MANY hours, but honestly can’t find a source that seems to be trustworthy.
Dkm16
Private
Private

Re: General Questions Regarding the Titan One; XB1>PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:54 am

Dkm16 wrote:First and foremost, does the Titan One STILL require PS4 authentication every 10 minutes when using a non-PS4 controller?

yes, when crossover playing on PS4 the 10min re-authentication is still required with the Titan One. Please read the answer below related wit the Titan Two.

Dkm16 wrote:If so, does the Titan Two offer a workaround for this authentication? Furthermore, what does the workaround consist of? I’ve read several posts/reviews of people mentioning the use of a USB hub and leaving the PS4 controller connected to it 24/7. I’d like to learn more about what exactly is involved in this process.

The Titan Two can accept multiple controller connections at the same time, where one can be your preferable controller and the other a controller compatible with the console in use for authentication purposes. No USB Hub is needed.

This diagram exemplifies this use case:

Dkm16 wrote:If this authentication is necessary, does that mean I’d have to turn on my PS4, my Dualshock 4, and my Xbox one controller every time I want to play, and would that process end up being a hassle?

Once you have the connections made it is just a matter of turn on the console and the controller (if using the controller wirelessly). Unplug and plug cables is not needed.

Alternatively, you can store a valid DS4 RSA key pair into the sd card that goes on the Titan Two, this allows the Titan Two reply the authentication challenges without a controller.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: General Questions Regarding the Titan One; XB1>PS4

Postby LyuboA » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:18 am

can you please tell me where to get the RSA key from i have ds4sig.bin from the removed github page but its not working
LyuboA
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Titan One Device