Titan One cannot establish connection with Switch

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One cannot establish connection with Switch

Postby Lollie » Wed May 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Not sure what I can do here, hopefully someone can help.

For whatever reason, Titan One won't establish a connection with the Switch via the official dock.

Titan One firmwire is up to date, latest version of Gtuner Pro is installed, and I've followed all the steps in the guide. I've tried connecting different controllers - PS4 Dualshock, Switch Pro, even the PC Prog input. But Titan One just continues to show the little "connecting" animation with the top dot lit ("No console connected"), and the Switch never registers it as a controller.
Lollie
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Titan One cannot establish connection with Switch

Postby J2Kbr » Thu May 03, 2018 9:04 am

Hello, Could you please check and confirm if the device can establish connection with other console? such as PS4 or XB1. Thank you
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Lollie » Thu May 03, 2018 10:55 am

Just checked, Titan One can establish a connection with PS4 and PSTV, both work perfectly while using a Switch Pro controller.
Lollie
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri May 04, 2018 9:52 am

Lollie wrote:Just checked, Titan One can establish a connection with PS4 and PSTV, both work perfectly while using a Switch Pro controller.

Thank you. This means the device is good.

Okay, I just tested my Titan One on Switch and it worked as expected. I also have recent confirmation from other users using with Switch with no problem.

Please try repair the Titan One with Switch, go to Switch “System Settings” > “Controllers and Sensors” > “Disconnect Controllers.”
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Lollie » Fri May 04, 2018 10:11 am

Done, but no luck unfortunately, Titan One still isn't connecting. I also decided to plug it into each of the three USB ports on a whim (two external, one internal), but had no luck there either.
Lollie
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri May 04, 2018 10:27 am

Do you have the output protocol on the Titan One set to AUTOMATIC or SWITCH? I have mime on AUTOMATIC.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Lollie » Fri May 04, 2018 10:41 am

Yeah, it's been set to "AUTOMATIC" the whole time. Tried changing it to "SWITCH" right now, just in case, but the top light is still showing up.
Lollie
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Fri May 04, 2018 1:22 pm

This is intriguing. I am also using the official dock that is provided with the console.

The Titan One display has two dots, the top dot near the output USB plug and the bottom dot near the controller USB socket. Please observe the if the top dot turn off after connecting to the console.

Also check in the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch the wired communication is enabled:

"System Settings" > "Controllers and Sensors". Select "Pro Controller Wired Communication".
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Lollie » Fri May 04, 2018 1:47 pm

I've already been there, unfortunately. USB Wired Communication is enabled. The top dot turns off when plugged into the PS4 and PSTV, but remains on when plugged into the Switch dock.

For what it's worth, I've decided to order a Type-C-to-USB-A adapter. I'm going to check if the Switch itself can accept the Titan One, and then hopefully we can figure out whether my specific dock is the issue, or if - by some freak chance - I've lucked out with a weird edge-case of Titan One/Switch incompatibility.

I'm hoping it's just the dock, they're cheaper to replace!
Lollie
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Sat May 05, 2018 9:39 am

After all tests and info you provided, unfortunately, it seems the issue is something with the dock.

Just now I replied another user on the Titan One Scripting sub-forums. He is using the Titan One on Switch without problem, with just a question about button remapping.

Please keep me updated on the results using the Type-C OTG adapter.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan One Device