Titan One disconnecting and requiring manual reconnection

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan One disconnecting and requiring manual reconnection

Postby elldo » Sun May 24, 2020 1:51 pm

I use Titan One to interface with my Nintendo Switch and occasionally the connection to the console will drop. I can still send messages to the Titan One (leave & enter capture mode etc.) and the LED display changes accordingly. However the Titan One is no longer passing commands onto the Switch.

I have tried this directly via cable, using a dock and on two separate Switch consoles and it has happened on all configurations. The only solution appears to be manually unplugging the Titan One and connecting it again, then communications are restored.

Is there any way to reset the Titan One remotely through some command? I'm wondering if a power off/on will have the same effect as disconnecting and reconnecting, thereby solving the issue remotely. Which would be an acceptable workaround for now.
elldo
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Titan One disconnecting and requiring manual reconnectio

Postby J2Kbr » Mon May 25, 2020 9:14 pm

As a first troubleshooting procedure, please re-flash the firmware using the recovery mode, as explained here:

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/firmw ... y_mode.htm

It may be necessary double press the reset button to enter in the programing mode (P).

Thank you.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby elldo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Unfortunately after following the re-flashing steps the issue still occurs. I am using the api to interact with the Titan One device, is there no way to force a restart of the unit remotely?
elldo
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:12 pm

elldo wrote:Unfortunately after following the re-flashing steps the issue still occurs. I am using the api to interact with the Titan One device, is there no way to force a restart of the unit remotely?

The output protocol of your Titan One is set to AUTOMATIC? If yes, please try set to SWITCH to check if any improvement can be noticed. Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby elldo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks for this. I am using the LibUSB to connect to the device directly on a Mac. I wouldn't know where to begin to set the output protocol this way.

Is there any documentation on how to set the output protocol directly?

Also I noticed in the scripts there is a output_reconnection function, could that help solve this issue?
elldo
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:13 am

Understood. Okay, you can force the device to reset by triggering the watchdog with the following script:
Code: Select all
main {
    while(TRUE) {}
}
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby elldo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:11 pm

This is fantastic, thank you so much!
elldo
Corporal
Corporal

Postby BabyGrootTheEpic » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:54 am

I am having the same problem as elldo did, and adding the blank while loop just crashes my titan one. Was there another instruction that I didn't notice? My gtuner, firmware, and switch are on the latest versions. I've tested with 3 switch docks, 2 switches, and both the automatic and nintendo switch output types.

Edit: It seems to have stopped happening now. Maybe it was something with my script, cause that is the only thing I changed.
BabyGrootTheEpic
Private
Private

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:58 pm

BabyGrootTheEpic wrote:Edit: It seems to have stopped happening now. Maybe it was something with my script, cause that is the only thing I changed.

:smile0517: Glad for hearing that. Please let us know if the problem returns.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device