Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Official news and announcements from the ConsoleTuner team.

Titan Two and Gtuner IV: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:08 pm

(Dec-22) Public release of the Titan Two and Gtuner IV 1.10 update: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S

Titan Two 1.10 Changelog:
2020-12-22, Ver 1.10 - SUPPORT FOR PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S
* PS4 Driver: Added support for Hori Fighting Commander for PS4 (0F0D:0086) {GitHub#278}
* PS4 Driver: Added support for Inn DS4 Wired Controller (VID:PID = 7545:0104)
* XB1 Driver: Removed Bluetooth support for XB1 controllers with outdated firmware
* PS3 Driver: Enabled motion sensor Gyro input also when the controller is wired {GitHub#279}
* Added PS5 controller driver for both USB and Bluetooth connection (PS5 DualSense)
* Added XSX controller driver with support for low latency mode and share button
* Added support for Xbox Series X|S console (share button and timestamps for frame sync)
* PS4 Emu: Fixed Bluetooth connection with iOS devices (should now also work with Android)
* XB1 Emu: Workaround for Xbox Series controller connection after console power-off/restart
* XB1 Emu: In full passthru mode, auto adjust the output protocol according the controller
* XB1 Driver: Added delay before ACK the Xbox button event packet (fix stop to respond issue)
* PS4 Driver: Implemented auto detection of PS4 compatible controllers (empirical method)
* Added specialized PS4 controller emulator for PS5 with full passthru mode or auth reset
* PS5 Driver: Added Xbox pulse triggers emulation for the DualSense adaptive triggers
* PS5 Emu: Added support for any third-party PS4 controller to authenticate with PS5 games
* PS5 Emu and Driver: Added support for headset with 3rd-party PS4 controllers with audio jack
* XB1 Driver: Fixed bug with Elite controller where RT was also activating the XSX Share button
* XB1WRC Driver: Added support for Xbox Series X|S controller headset with Xbox Wireless Adapter

Gtuner IV 1.10 Changelog:
2020-12-22, Ver 1.10 - SUPPORT FOR PLAYSTATION 5 AND XBOX SERIES X|S
* Qt framework updated to 5.15.2
* Device Monitor: Xbox Wireless Receiver shows connection status and controller model
* GPC Input Reference (F1): Added columns for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
* GPC Compiler: Added header files for PlayStation 5 (ps5.gph) and Xbox Series X (xsx.gph)
* Device Monitor: Added device input labels for PlayStation 5 DualSense (input and output)
* Device Monitor: Added device input labels for Xbox Series X|S controller (input and output)

(Dec-13) The 1.10 BETA-25 Titan Two firmware release adds controller headset support for PS5 games

PS5 Compatibility with Headset Support.png
PS5 Compatibility with Headset Support.png (348.08 KiB) Viewed 251099 times

The Titan Two device now supports Full-Passthru mode and controller headsets with third-party controllers equipped with audio jack.

Step-by-step on how to use the Titan Two with PlayStation 5 games:
- On PS5 goto Settings -> Accessories -> Controllers -> Communication Method: USB
- Configure the Titan Two output protocol to "USB PlayStation 5"
- Connect the Titan Two output port to PS5 console
- Optional: Plug any third-party PS4 controller to the Titan Two (Astro, Nacon, Scuf Vantage, Razer, Hori, etc)
- Optional: If supported by the controller, plug the headset on the controller's audio jack

(Dec-12) The 1.10 BETA-23 Titan Two firmware release extends the capability to authenticate with PS5 games

third-party PS4 controller.jpg
third-party PS4 controller.jpg (131.22 KiB) Viewed 251454 times

With this beta release is now possible to authenticate the Titan Two for PS5 games utilizing any third-party PS4 controller, specialized or not. Such as Astro, Hori, Horipad, Nacon, Razer, Scuf Vantage, Mad Catz and so on. :joia: :joia:

(Dec-11) 1.10 BETA-22 Release. Added support for Xbox Impulse Triggers to PS5 DualSense controller.

The Xbox impulse triggers are now emulated on DualSense controllers when playing Xbox games with this feature enabled and/or with GPC scripts via FFB_3 and FFB_4.

(Dec-09) 1.10 BETA-20 Release. Improved support for PS5 games (with specialized controllers or auth reset).
PS5 Support with Auth Reset.png
PS5 Support with Auth Reset.png (76.01 KiB) Viewed 253411 times

The 1.10 BETA-20 improves the Titan Two support for PS5 games. Now PS4 compatible controllers are automatically detected by the Titan Two device (before its was required to add the VID:PID of PS4 controllers manually to the device's firmware).

Gtuner IV also received a new beta revision. In this revision the Device Monitor shows if the connected PS4 controller is (classified as "specialized") third-party PS4 controller, therefore able to reply the PS5 authentication requests, or if the Titan Two is working in auth reset mode.

Detected PS4 ("specialized" controller) third-party PS4 controller:
Ps5 Auth Passthru.png
Ps5 Auth Passthru.png (1.15 KiB) Viewed 253411 times

Titan Two is working in Auth Reset mode:
Ps5 Auth Reset.png
Ps5 Auth Reset.png (1.16 KiB) Viewed 253411 times

(Please check at the manufacturer's website if the "specialized" controller you are interested to buy is compatible with PS5 games.) any third-party PS4 controllers are now working, see the 1.10 BETA-23 release notes.

Step-by-step on how to use the Titan Two with PlayStation 5 games:
- On PS5 goto Settings -> Accessories -> Controllers -> Communication Method: USB
- Configure the Titan Two output protocol to "USB PlayStation 5"
- Connect the Titan Two output port to PS5 console
- Optional: Plug the
("specialized" controller) third-party PS4 controller to any input port of the Titan Two

At this point you should be able to operate the console normally. All Titan Two features will work.

Many thanks Vince for making this great video. Truly appreciated, Jefferson.

(Dec-07) The 1.10 BETA-16 adds scripting and crossover support for PS5 games (with timeout reset).

We have been working on multiples fronts to add support for PS5 games to the Titan Two. In order to support all new PS5 features, the main and final goal is have the Titan Two emulating the DualSense controller. However, a joint work with XIM Tech demonstrated that is possible to use some PS4 compatible controllers to play PS5 games, provided few requisites are met.

For some reason Sony is allowing "specialized" controllers to work with PS5 games. This beta release (1.10.1.16) emulates a "specialized" controller and can be used to play PS5 game with all Titan Two features supported (scripting, crossover play, input translators, K&M, CV, etc).

In order for the Titan Two correctly reply the console's authentication requests, a ("specialized" controller) third-party PS4 controller must be plugged to the device. We will soon be building a list of controllers that can be used for this purpose. (Unfortunately, regular controllers such as DualShock 4, DualSense, Astro, Nacon, Razer, etc does not works.) any third-party PS4 controllers are now working, see the 1.10 BETA-23 release notes.

!IMPORTANT! The Titan Two can still be used to play PS5 games even if there is NO ("specialized" controller) third-party PS4 controller connected to it. In this case the Titan Two will automatically reconnect to the console every 7 minutes and 30 seconds in order to reset the console's authentication timeout. The reconnection takes 800 milli-seconds and, depending on the game, can barely be noticed (tested with Demon's Souls).

Enjoy this initial support for PS5 games while we are working hard to achieve our main goal. :smile0517:

(Nov-27) The 1.10 BETA-15 release features PASS THROUGH ONLY support for the PlayStation 5.
PS5-Pass-Throught-Only.png
PS5-Pass-Throught-Only.png (47.62 KiB) Viewed 257939 times

This release (Rev.15) adds the PlayStation 5 output protocol to the Titan Two firmware. However, due the DualSense message authentication code this output protocol is working as PASS THROUGH ONLY. Meaning the Titan Two can bridge the communication between the controller and the console, but the scripting and/or controller crossover features cannot be used.

At this point we have everything related with PS5 output protocol done, "just" missing find a solution for the DualSense message authentication code.

Step-by-step on how to test the PlayStation 5 output protocol (PASS THROUGH ONLY):
- Configure the Titan Two output protocol to "USB PlayStation 5" (enabled for beta testers only)
- Plug the DualSense to any input port of the Titan Two and the output port to PS5 console
- Press the PS button on the DualSense

At this point you should be able to operate the console normally. All DualSense features will work as expected (haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, speaker, mic, headset, touchpad, motion sensors, etc).

Additional new features and updates on 1.10B-15:
* PS4 Driver: Added support for Hori Fighting Commander for PS4 (0F0D:0086) {GitHub#278}
* PS4 Driver: Added support for Inn DS4 Wired Controller (VID:PID = 7545:0104)
* PS3 Driver: Enabled motion sensor Gyro input also when the controller is wired {GitHub#279}
* PS4 Emu: Fixed Bluetooth connection with iOS devices (should now also work with Android)
* Xbox Emu: Workaround for Xbox Series controller connection after console power-off/restart
* Xbox Emu: In full passthru mode, auto adjust the output protocol according the controller
* Xbox Driver: Added delay before ACK the Xbox button event packet (fix stop to respond issue)

(Nov-15) The 1.10 BETA-10 release features support for the Xbox Series X|S, console and controller.
38588-73551-IMG_3762-xl.png
38588-73551-IMG_3762-xl.png (169.9 KiB) Viewed 261234 times

USB connection: OK
Xbox Wireless receiver: OK
Headset over USB: OK
Headset with Wireless Receiver: OK
Features from Xbox One: OK
Share Button: OK
Low Latency Mode: OK
Timestamps for Frame Sync: OK

Bluetooth connection: XSX utilizes Bluetooth BLE - The BLE interface on the Titan Two is dedicated for Gtuner Air connectivity and cannot be used for others purposes. Change this behavior will be an extensive work and will not be part of the 1.10 update.

(Nov-10) The first 1.10 BETA release features support for the PlayStation 5 controller (DualSense).

dualsense-image-block-01-ps5-en-23jul20.png
dualsense-image-block-01-ps5-en-23jul20.png (1020.99 KiB) Viewed 262699 times

USB high-speed connection: OK
Bluetooth connection: OK
Buttons: OK
Mute Button: OK
Triggers: OK
Thumbsticks: OK
Touchpad: OK
Motion Sensors: OK
Color Light: OK
Rumble: OK

Touchpad White LEDs (5x): Already Know How it Works
Mute Button Amber Light: Already Know How it Works
Adaptive Triggers: Already Know How it Works
Haptic Feedback: Partially Understood.

To update Gtuner IV and the Titan Two with the beta release, proceed as the following:
1. Go to the folder where Gtuner.exe is located;
2. Find the file named "Gtuner.cfg" and open it on notepad or similar text editor;
3. At the very end of the file, add the following;
Code: Select all
[Advanced]
beta_tester=true
5. Run Gtuner IV and go to menu Tools -> Check for Updates.

Links for direct download :
WIN: Gtuner IV 1.10B
MAC: Gtuner IV 1.10B

To rollback to the stable firmware:
1. set beta_tester= to false;
2. put the Titan Two in programming mode and update as normal.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Titan Two and Gtuner IV - 1.10 BETA Release (PS5 & XSX)

Postby teddy18 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:20 pm

What about Xbox Series?
My console arrive to day
teddy18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:13 pm

teddy18 wrote:What about Xbox Series? My console arrive to day

I will be working on the Series X console and controller as soon as my XSX gets delivered (probably this week).

In the meantime you can use a regular XB1 controller on the Titan Two to play on XSX console. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby X2jesse1x » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:42 am

My wireless adaptor doesn’t turn on when the Titan two is plugged into my xsx. Any idea how to fix this?
X2jesse1x
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:35 am

X2jesse1x wrote:My wireless adaptor doesn’t turn on when the Titan two is plugged into my xsx. Any idea how to fix this?

Have you tried plugging in the T2 without output connected, then connect after controller is synced? And are you using an old controller or the new series x controller?
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby X2jesse1x » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:33 am

Mad wrote:
X2jesse1x wrote:My wireless adaptor doesn’t turn on when the Titan two is plugged into my xsx. Any idea how to fix this?

Have you tried plugging in the T2 without output connected, then connect after controller is synced? And are you using an old controller or the new series x controller?

I’m using elite controller v1 and yes I’ve tried to connect and disconnect in different configurations.
X2jesse1x
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:46 am

X2jesse1x wrote:I’m using elite controller v1 and yes I’ve tried to connect and disconnect in different configurations.

What about with the adapter connected directly to the console (no T2) ?
If that works J2Kbr will need to look into it when his series x console arrives.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord (2K / FPS)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:25 am

Please inform if the status LED of the port you plugged the Adapter remains off? red, yellow or green?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby X2jesse1x » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:33 am

J2Kbr wrote:

Please inform if the status LED of the port you plugged the Adapter remains off? red, yellow or green?

I was getting no lights at all on the Titan two.

I believe I figured it out. I had to unplug the adaptor from the Titan two prior to plugging the Titan two into the XSX, then plug the adaptor in and It finally started working.
X2jesse1x
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:37 am

X2jesse1x wrote:
J2Kbr wrote:

I was getting no lights at all on the Titan two. I believe I figured it out. I had to unplug the adaptor from the Titan two prior to plugging the Titan two into the XSX, then plug the adaptor in and It finally started working.

Thank you for the update. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to News and Announcements